Chapter 7 Troy

Chapter 7 Troy

On the drive back to my house Jane seemed to perk up a lot, she had completely stopped crying and she was smiling. As we pulled up I saw my mom was waiting for us on the porch, and standing with her was Leah. I parked the car and walked Jane over to the porch, were Leah nearly tackled her with a hug.

“Leah I can’t breath” Jane said in hope that Leah would let her go.

“Jane I’m so sorry I came over here as soon as I heard what happened” Leah said tightening her grip on Jane. I was just about to pry Leah off Jane.

“I appreciate it Leah but I really can’t breath” Jane said gasping.

“Oh sorry” Leah said finely letting go of Jane.

“Its kind of chilly out here let’s all head inside” my mom said opening the door. We all walked inside. Jane and I sat together on the couch, and Leah and my mom sat on the two recliners opposite the couch. We sat there talking for a wile before Leah’s cell phone rang.

“Hello” Leah said, “Hi mom…oh hold on let me ask” she turned to Jane.

“My mom was wondering if you were coming over till your mom gets out”

“Well Leah” I started to say, “Jane’s mom said that she could stay here with us”

“Oh cool” Leah said giggling, she got back on the phone with her mom “Nope mom Jane’s going to stay here…ok love you two mom bye” she hung up the phone and stuffed it into her back pocket.

“What’s up Leah” Jane asked smiling at Leah.

“My mom wants me to go home now… oh Jane I nearly forgot my mom wanted you to have this” she said holding out her hand, she was holding a little blue box.

“What is this for?”  Jane asked looking at Leah.

“My mom just told me to give it to you, ok I got to go now see you guy’s later.” She gave Jane a hug before walking out the door. Jane was staring at the box.

“Well are you going to open it?” my mom said looking at Jane. Jane slowly opened the box, and then she gasped at what was inside.

“What is it?” I asked putting my hand on her leg. Then she lifted a gold locket on a gold chain inside were pictures of her mom and dad together and of Jane and I together as little kids.

“Its beautiful” Jane said staring at the locket. Her face looked like it did the night when I gave her my ring.

“Oh Troy I almost forgot your father called he’s going to get off work a little late tonight”

“Ok mom… hey Jane do you want me to take you home so you could get some clean cloths?” I asked.

“Oh yeah that would probably be a good idea” she said starting to laugh. We walked out to the car and drove off to Jane’s house.

“Thanks again Troy” Jane said looking over at me and smiling.

“Any thing for you Jane” I said reaching over and grabbing her hand. We drove in silence the rest of the way to Jane’s house. When we got to Jane’s house we walked up to her room and we packed her things.

“Thanks for helping me Troy” Jane said when we had finally finished packing her bags; she looked over at me and smiled before giving me a hug.

“It’s nothing Jane,” I said hugging her back. I put my arm around her shoulder as we walked down stairs when we heard a car pulling up in the driveway. When we looked out the window we saw a small bus in the driveway.

“No way” Jane said looking out the window.

“What is it?” I said tightening my grip on her shoulder.

“My dad” she sounded almost speechless. Just then we saw her dad step out of the bus. He was wearing torn up blue jeans and a black Metallica t-shirt. He looked over at the window and waved at us. Jane waved back; you could see the shock on her face.

“They weren’t suppose to be here for 6 more day’s,” she said walking towards the door. I fallowed her closely I took my hand off her shoulder and took her hand in mine and we walked out to the bus. As soon as we stepped out the door her dad looked at us and smiled.

“Surprise!!!” he said walking over to us. “Oh Jane sweet heart I’ve missed you so much!” he said giving her a big hug.

“I’ve missed you two dad.” Jane said you could tell that she was trying to hide the surprise in her voice

“Troy” he said pulling away from Jane, “I haven’t seen you in a long time, my you have grown up”. Just then another person stepped out of the bus, he was a short boy with blond hair and a long black jacket. Underneath that he was wearing a pair of tight blue jeans, a bight yellow t-shirt, and around his neck he was wearing a black dog collar with silver spikes on it.

“Jane!” he said obviously excited. He walked over to her and gave her a big hug. “How have you been J girl?” he said still holding Jane.

“Jack you know I hate it when you call me that” she said pulling away from him and moving to my side. He looked briefly annoyed but then he shook it off.

“Well where’s you’re mother?” her dad asked heading inside the house. I felt Jane grab my hand. I could tell she didn’t want to tell her dad that her mom was in the hospitable. I looked at her and smiled.

“Jane it’s ok,” I said reassuringly, “I’ll tell him.” She nodded her head and we walked inside. They were all sitting in the living room.

“So Jane where’s your mom at?” he said looking around the living room.

“Mr. Avery, Jane’s mom isn’t here.” I said in a calm voice.

“What do you mean Troy?” he said starting to look worried.

“She had a heart attack.”

“What?” he said standing up in his chair.

“We,” I said putting my arm around Jane. “Went to go see her earlier, she’s doing fine now” I heard Jane start to tear up. “Ms. Avery gave Jane permission to stay at my house until she is out of the hospitable” this time Jack sat up in his chair and started Glaring at me. “She didn’t want Jane to stay in the house alone.”

“Well… I guess that that would be ok Troy.” Her dad said sitting back down on the couch. Jack shot him a glance before returning his stare back on me. “Are you ok sweetie?” he said looking concerned at Jane.

“Yeah dad I’m ok.” She said smiling at her dad.

“It’s getting late Jane” I said taking my arm off her shoulder.

“Right Jane, sweetheart, you’ve had a long day you two should probably get going” her dad said getting up from the couch and walking over to Jane to give her a hug.

“Thanks dad,” Jane said hugging he dad back. “I’ll see you tomorrow” they broke the hug and Jack came over.

“Bye J girl I’ll see you tomorrow” Jack said hugging Jane and shooting me a look over her shoulder.

“Bye Jack, and stop calling me that” she said pulling away. I said my goodbyes to Jane’s father and we headed outside to my car. As we pulled out of the drive way we saw Jane’s father getting on the bus fallowed by Jack who looked like he was going to explode.