Chapter One

A/N: I forgot to mention that this book will contain death. Sorry about that!
~~

"No one here to pick you up?"

Taehyung rolled his eyes at the police officer, who was clearly mocking him. "Walking home." Taehyung mumbled as he continued slipping on the clothes he'd been handed not too long ago.

The police officer glared at Taehyung, "Now don't be causing any trouble when you leave. Make sure this is the last time I see you." Truth be told the police officer saw good potential in Taehyung. In his eyes Taehyung was a good kid, the only problem being that he'd made stupid choices.

Taehyung chuckled, looking up at the man he'd grown fond of in the past 2 years, "I'm sure being in here..." Taehyung looked around the small changing room, "...being in here for two years was enough. I'll make it a goal of mine to not be sent here again. I mean I'm seventeen now, so if I get into trouble I'll be sent to real jail."

The man smiled fondly at Taehyung, though in his heart he knew Taehyung wouldn't be doing the best he could. He could tell that Taehyung would be getting in all sorts of trouble, not his own, but he'd possibly take on other's troubles. "You need a ride?" The man said, pulling his keys out of his black slacks.

Taehyung sighed, running his fingers through his dark brown hair, "Nah, the wind would do me some good. Plus it'll be my first time seeing my family in a while... I think I may want to clear my head."

The police officer nodded, "kay' well when you're ready make your way to the front desk, check yourself out, and get home safe." The middle aged man then walked out, leaving Taehyung alone.

Taehyung smiled as fresh air hit his face, his fingers trailed up and down the green bench, that he'd been sitting on for the past 10 minutes. He'd been contemplating. He wasn't sure if he was ready to face his parents, they didn't necessarily visit him in the 2 years he'd been locked up, he felt as if maybe he wasn't welcomed.

At least that's what he wanted to think he was afraid of, but if he thought of it deep enough, something else came to mind. His family would welcome him with open arms, he knew that, but walking in that house was a death sentence. It screamed 'here's my home and my family, please kill them if I ever defy you.'

Sighing, Taehyung stood up and turned the corner. His eyes gazed upon the small white house up ahead. Home. Only it didn't look like home anymore. At least not home to someone like him. A home was for people who lived normal lives, not people who held so many secrets within.

Slowly, Taehyung walked up to the house, his heart pulsing through his ears. Again, he contemplated, only this time on knocking. Though it was as if his thought's were heard through the door as Jeongguk slammed the door open.

Jeongguk smiled, hugging his twin brother tightly, "I know I seen you a week ago, but..." Jeongguk squealed, he felt completely content, "...you actually being here, it's different from what I imagined."

Taehyung chuckled, nodding his head a little, "So, uhm, are you going to let me in or am I not allowed?"

Jeongguk playfully smacked his brother on the back, "of course you can come in, both mom and dad are here! Exciting right?"

Taehyung laughed at his brother's excitement as he walked into the house. Though his laugh was cut short when he got a whiff of his mother's food. Being in a correctional facility for two years made him realize how much he'd missed his mother's food, no matter how much he disliked it prior to not having it.

Taehyung's mother smiled, looking her son in the eyes, "Ah, my baby, sit at the table will you? Dinner is almost ready, your father is waiting for you." It was obvious his mother was avoiding the whole 'my son halfway killed a boy' conversation and that confused Taehyung, nevertheless Taehyung complied. He walked out of the kitchen and into the dining room, sitting next to his father.

Taehyung's father eyed his children, saying nothing, he continued reading the thin newspaper in his hands. The air was tense, both Taehyung and Jeongguk could feel the anger radiating off of their father.

Jeongguk squirmed, "I'm going to help mom." He mumbled as he ran out of the dinning room and into the kitchen. Though it didn't take long for the younger twin to walk back into the dining room, plates and cups in his hands. "Dinner is ready." Jeongguk said, placing the cups and plates down, each in their according place.

It didn't take long for the family to be seated, their plates full with traditional South Korean food, Kimchi and Bugolgi. It was simple yet Taehyung thought it was perfect.

"Tae..." Taehyung's mother took a bite of kimchi, then eyed her son, "...I'm sorry your father and I couldn't visit you while you were gone, we were just so busy with work." Taehyung simply nodded, knowing how busy his parents were.

Taehyung's mother shook her head at the quietness, she didn't like it, she wanted her family to converse, "ah, well, I don't know if Jeongguk's told you this already, but we will be moving! Within the next 2 weeks. I know you've just come back home so this might be hard to understand, but your father and I have found this cute, little home. Jeongguk and you won't have you share a room anymore! How does that sound?" Taehyung smiled a bit, mostly because he'd realized Jeongguk and him had not shared a room in 2 years, yet his mother chose to bring it up. He also noted the way his mother was talking, it was if he'd never been gone.

Taehyung opened his mouth, ready to speak, but closed it as soon as he heard a phone ringing. It was his mother's phone.

Dismissing herself from the table, Taehyung's mother took the call. It had turned out that a patient of her's was giving birth, so she'd have to rush to the hospital.

"I'm so sorry, baby..." Taehyung's mother mumbled, hugging her son, "...your first day back yet I have to go back to work."
Taehyung just sighed, hugging his mother back, "don't worry about it, 'kay? Just go on, get to work." Taehyung pushed his mother out of the door, wanting her to get to work quickly.

As soon as the front door closed, Taehyung realized his father was no where to be seen, "Gguk, where's dad?"

Jeongguk sighed, "he said he has to work real early in the morning tomorrow, he went to bed."

Taehyung nodded, a heavy sigh leaving his thin lips, "I, uhm..." Taehyung scratched the back of his neck, "...I know it's my first day back and all, but I've gotta go somewhere." Jeongguk groaned, knowing too well where his brother was headed, "where to exactly?" Jeongguk only asked this because he wanted to hear it from Taehyung's mouth.

The older twin pinched the bridge of his nose, "look, gguk, you know where I'm goi-." Taehyung's words were cut off by a more than pissed Jeongguk, "why? It's your first day back, why can't I enjoy my brother? Why can't- Tae, why don't you just leave them? You're not in need of protection anymore, they don't need you!"

Taehyung chuckled at his brother's words, "It's not that easy, protection comes with a cost. T-this is my life now, gguk. What? You think I like this? Fuck, I'm actually surprised I was released on time, I mean I've done so much shit while I was locked up..." Taehyung opened the front door, walking out, "j-just- I've gotta go."

Slowly, Taehyung walked further and further away from the small white house, leaving Jeongguk with a broken heart and forever guilt.

~~
A/N:
Slow start, but we'll get there eventually.

Taboo|| TaeJin On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara