Dreaming of you

🎵Look to the past
And remember her smile
And maybe tonight
I can breathe for a while
I'm not in the seat
I think I'm fallin' asleep
But then all that it means is
I'll always be dreaming of you🎵
Feeling this, blink 182

Loki nods his head at his mother and reaches for Helenas hand. Intertwining their fingers. He sends her a wink before turning to his mother.

"Don't apologize, we were just discussing some of our pasts with each other." Frigga nods and smiles.

"Come along." She says. Friggas long golden hair twinkling in the sunlight as they Mande their way to the palace doors. They are slightly shocked to find Odin standing in the doorway waiting for them. "Allfather.. this is a surprise." Loki says straightening up unconsciously. Odin stares at his son for a moment before turning to look at Helena. She finds herself flushing and curtsies quickly. Odin chuckles softly at her response.

"I have something for you both." Odin says as he embraces Frigga. They hug briefly before pulling away. "Come, and follow us." Odins eye twinkles brightly before he turns on his heel. Frigga and the Allfather start to walk left towards a part of the palace that is rarely used. Everyone is silent as they make their way through the twist and turns of the halls until they stop outside of an old oak door. "My father built this room." Odin speaks as they all face the door. "And it hasn't been used in over a thousand years." Frigga turns to Helena and smiles fondly as she reaches her hand out to the young mortal. Helena quickly grabs her hand in return and the Allmother squeezes it in a reassuring manner.

"I don't understand." Loki says to his father, a confused expression on his face. He hasn't been here since he was a young child. Odin turns around looking at his son before standing back and gesturing to the door. Loki pulls Helena forward by her hand and pushes open the doors causing Her to gasp.

Inside the big oak doors is a giant nursery. The room is decorated In Loki's colors. Green and Silver furniture adorn the crib and rocking chair. Helena steps in letting go of Loki's hand as she walks around. There are old toys that look to be thousands of years old by design but kept preserved as if purchased only yesterday. "This is.." she trails off in wonder as she takes in the ceiling. It's painted like the asgardian night sky. Stars and comets swirling as if by magic. Loki doesn't know what to say as he faces his father and mother.

"I wanted to apologize to you, Helena. I imagine you think me a cruel king. " Odin speaks to the red head. She shakes her head as she face him.

"I do not find you cruel sir. I understand that someday I will age and die, while Loki remains looking the same as he does today. You are just looking out for your son." Loki frowns.

Frigga smiles. It was obvious Helena loved her son very much. Odin however had a look of guilt on his face.

"Indeed, but I should never have spoken the way I have towards you. Even if your life is short it doesn't mean it can't be meaningful to our son. And if I'm speaking honestly, I've always had a soft spot for children." Odin smiles softly. Helena smiles backs accepting his apology graciously.

At that moment Helena made a startled sound as she felt a rush of coldness deep in her belly. She reaches down and grabs her stomach lightly. Loki, Frigga and Odin all look at her with concern and Loki instantly rushes to her side. "What is it darling?" She shakes her head and stands up straighter. Another small flutter before her whole body breaks out in chills.

"Im so cold.." she says as she suddenly gets very dizzy. Loki grips onto her as she starts to fall, then everything goes black.

~~ In the Healers chambers ~~

"What's wrong with her?" Loki demands as Saga and a few other healers are bent over his girl. Saga doesn't say anything as she presses one for her hands onto her stomach.

"She's extremely cold. I fear you may have been accurate on your assumption the baby is part frost giant..her internal temperature has gotten too cold.. it caused her heart to falter." Saga says as she directs one of her assistants to grab something. Loki's heart clenches in his chest.

"Will she be okay?" He asks a desperate tone. Frigga stela you behind Loki.

"Saga will do what she can my darling." Frigga nods to the healer. "She is after all the best." Saga smiles at the Allmother before turning to address the anxious prince.

"We need to warm up her internal body temperature without harming the baby. The baby needs it to be cold to help sustain its life." Saga says. Frigga frowns and nods her head.

"Tell us what to do." The all mother says. Loki looks down at the floor completely defeated. This was his fault. Saga shakes her head.

"There is nothing you can do at this moment. We will tend to her and call you back when we know more. "Saga gestures for them to leave the room. Frigga grabs onto Loki's elbow and pulls him out of the door.

Once outside and Into the hall she turns to face him.
"My son, this is not your fault. She will be alright. " Frigga pauses grabbing her son into her arms. "We need to think about what this will mean. The baby being frost giant means a quicker pregnancy." Loki nods his head still not saying anything. "But if I'm being honest my son, I do not believe the baby to be completely frost giant. Do you remember how it called out to you? That means it has magic in its bones, stronger magic than I have ever seen."

Loki thinks back on something Helena had told him. "She did tell me a time or two that she's adopted..maybe she's not midgardian." He states. Frigga smiles sadly at her son.

"I know you wish for her to be immortal my son, but she is indeed a mortal. But maybe she isn't just a mortal." Frigga says thoughtfully.