03.

➭ 𝘸𝘢𝘵𝘤𝘩 𝘸𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘱𝘦𝘯𝘴

~✰ ✰ ✰ ~

"Come on Les, the folks are waiting." Davey and Les ran off leaving Kathrine, Jack and I.

"So what's your story? Are you selling newspapers to work your way through art school?" Kathrine asked Jack who scoffed.

"Art school? You kiddin me?" I shook my head and pulled out the drawing that he drew of me. I showed him it.

"But you're an artist Jack. You've got real talent." I told him smiling.

"You should be inside the paper illustrating, not outside hawking it." Kathrine told him earnestly.

"Maybe that ain't what I want." Jack said swinging down from a pole.

"Then what do you want?" I asked him. He walked up so that his face was inches away from my face.

"Can't you see it in my eyes?" He asked smirking. I gulped.

"Yeah okay." Kathrine said pulling me away from Jack. "Have you always been their leader?"

"I'm a blowhard. Daveys the brains." He told us honestly. I blinked in surprise. I did not see that coming.

"Modesty is not a quality I would have pinned on you." Kathrine told him. I nodded. Jack had this arrogant act that he played on.

"You got a name?" Jack asked looking at me.

"Lillian King, aspiring photographer." I told him nodded a small smile on his face.

"And you?" He asked Kathrine.

"Uh Kathrine... plumber." She stuttered. I internally sighed. This secret was gonna be hard to keep.

"What's the matter. Ain't ya sure?" Jack asked her his brows furrowed.

"It's my byline, the name I publish under." He nodded. "Well I better get going, my father will be mad at me." Kathrine told Jack before lightly grabbing my arm. She handed me a small sheet of paper. "Ask him these. I need it for the paper." I nodded. "Also come to my house as soon as your done. I just have to go for dinner."

"Got it." I told her before she ran off. "So what are you hoping for tomorrow?" I asked reading the question off of the paper Kathrine gave me. Jack smirked leaning up against a pole.

"I'd rather tell you what I'm hoping for tonight." I blushed furiously under his gaze. God he was such a flirt. He smirked even wider at my red cheeks.

"Jack..." I said taking a step back from the handsome boy. I closed my eyes and breathed. Jack sighed.

"Today we stopped our newsies from carrying out papes, but the wagons still deliver to the rest of the city. Tomorrow we stop the wagons." I nodded writing it down next to the question.