* Chapter 22 *

MUAHAHAHAHA *Evil look* you’re going to hate me after this chapter *Wink*

Chapter

22

( Un – edited )

“Y-Your mother?” I asked shocked.

Nothing, absolutely nothing came to my mind. I was blank.

He gulped and nodded.

I stared at him for I don’t know how long. I don’t know what I was thinking, what I was doing, what was going on in my mind. I blinked a couple of times, trying to make sense of what he was saying.

His mother.

His mother was in Prison.

Why? Is she the one he and Chris talk about?

“W-Why?” I asked, staring wide eyed at him. The fact that, of all people his mother was in prison was hard to digest.

He looked away and I knew it was hard for him to talk about.

I placed a hand on his shoulder. “Cameron?”

He didn’t respond.

I placed my palm on his cheek and make him look at me. “Cameron, look at me.”

He faced me and I tried to hold his gaze. He needed someone. Someone to talk to, someone to share it with and I will do it. I will be there for him.

“Tell me?” I said, hoping he wouldn’t keep all this bottled up. The pain and sadness in his eyes almost made me cry, but I have to be strong.

He gulped but didn’t look away.

“Sh-”

“Cameron.” Someone called and we looked behind to see the doctor calling Cameron.

Cam instantly stood up.

“Yeah? Is everything okay?” he asked, worry clear on his face.

Doc nodded. “She’s stable. We’re shifting her to hospital.”

Cameron nodded. “Okay. I’ll leave and be there before you.” He said and instantly ran to the exit of the station.

“Cameron.” I called.

He looked back.

“I’m coming with you.”

I wasn’t going to let him go on his own. He might be stubborn to accept but I know he needs someone right now.

Cameron took a deep breath. “No Grace. You will not get involved in this. I’ll handle this. Go home.” He said and walked off.

No way.