Epilogue

It was a cold Autumn morning. The sun wasn't out yet, peeking at its surroundings from behind a cluster of clouds. The clouds themselves reflected the sun, showing off a dark orange lining. But none of that mattered to Maha.

She was dressed in an overcoat and a shawl wrapped around her neck. She stuffed her hand in her pocket, and her beanie thankfully prevented her hair from flying here and there.

Her intense eyebrows above her light eyes were scrunched up as she searched for the grave she came to visit.

She waddled her way on her crutches, and passed by at least 10 of them before she saw one with the words,

Andrea Sanders. (1999-2014)

Engraved on it.

Her parents graves were on her left and right, with the same height and material of stone used.

The accident of the previous week had taken a leg, a life and an arm. But that didn't prevent Maha from visiting her best friend.

She took off the beanie she was wearing, and put it on the corner of the grave-stone. She sat down in front of it, and started sobbing.

"Hey Andrea. I miss you alot. It's not the same without you. Why did you have to die? I would've gladly taken your place. Mum is depressed now. Our mum. Your temporary mum because you probably have met your real mum by now. It's not your fault. None of it. Neither your parents, nor me or mum. Chris was hanged for his crimes. He deserved more than that. You deserved a happy life, surrounded by the ones you love. But you know what they say 'All good things must come to an end.' You're the best thing that ever happened to me. I have to help mum around, because she has an arm left now. It's funny, thinking about how much we've done together, in the span of just one year. I'm sorry for ever doubting you, and I hope you've forgiven me. I should go now. Mum's home alone and dad's at work. I'll see you tomorrow. See you later bud."

And with that and a few million tears, Maha got up and ventured back to her old country house, the nostalgic memories with Andrea playing in her saddened mind.