Chapter 26

Or so she thought. He hadn't died. Fortunately for her bad aim and lack of good correspondence with her limbs, Andrea had missed the shot and had hit him in the legs. He had been injured severely, but it wasn't fatal.

Well, at least she wouldn't be a criminal. She feared only that. Andrea really wished Fred was sent to a place worse than Azkaban. Ten times worse. She shuddered at just the thought of it.

She was escorted to a nearby hospital because people thought she needed help. Mental help.

She didn't think so, because she was perfectly normal. Or in other words, as normal as a kid with mutant powers can get. That rephrase was better, wasn't it?

Andrea couldn't wait to go home. If her parents would want to keep a mutant criminal child, that is.

She got a little checkup, and was sent home.

She had her own home key, so she opened the front door and walked in.

'Mom, Dad, anyone home?'

She didn't get a response. It was a weekend, her parents were supposed to be home.

She went into her room and dialled her mom's phone. She could hear the ringing in her dining room. Running down, she saw that her parents were sprawled on the couch. Unconscious.

There was a note near them, which said,

'Come to me, or more of who you love will be diminished forever! Have a nice day!'

~Chris

Andrea was trembling. She went closer to her mom and saw a bullet shot on her heart. She wasn't breathing. Same with her dad.

Chris had shot them both.

Andrea had lost her parents. To the guy she could have murdered on the spot.

She fell down, sobbing loudly.

She hugged her parents, and the tears didn't stop. She got up to call the police. As she stood up, she heard the crinkle of paper.

She bent down, still drenched in tears. She saw a note on the floor next to her mother.

She picked it up and opened it. She immediately recognized the handwriting. It was her mom's.

'Andrea, my dear, my love, my life. My sunshine in the times of darkness. I'm sorry that you're having to read this, I didn't expect the end to come so near. I always imagined myself clapping when you graduate, walking you down the aisle when you get married, and holding my grandchild in my arms. But God didn't want this to happen. I'm sorry for leaving you so early honey. We had no choice. We did actually, but the alternative was something I wouldn't dream of doing. Chris threatened to kill us if we didn't hand you over. He made his men surround our house giving us no place to escape. He had somehow also cut all power lines so I couldn't use the Internet and message you. So I decided you would find this note. Chris is going to come in any time, but I want you to remember one thing. I love you. Even though I won't be there for you. I'm sorry. I really am. For not being there for you. But I hope you still love me. Though I think you will be very mad at me. I'm sorry Andy. Will you forgive me?

Sincerely with love from your ever loving parents,
Mum and Dad.

P.S. I hope you forgive me? Please don't be angry at.....'

The note wasn't completed after that.

Andrea fainted and was sprawled on the floor next to her mom.