Chapter 16

Andrea woke up next to Maha. She was still in her room. Thank God. She could feel her heartbeat. And no one had found out what she had done.

"Maha, wake up."

She just groaned and changed her position. At least she was alive.

Then the weirdest thing happened. Her breathing hitched. She started shaking really badly. She turned around and looked at Andrea, and she could see worry in her eyes. She floated once more above her bed and crashed down. Then suddenly everything became dead silent.

Andrea started to panic again. Was she okay? She heard footsteps running up the stairs. Her mom barged into the room.

"What happened?!"

"She just fell of the bed, so I put her back on it. She's okay don't worry."

Her mom was still gasping, but she nodded and gave her a small smile. "I'll be downstairs if you need anything."

Andrea nodded. As soon as she left, Andrea knew she had to figure something out. How was she supposed to make sure Maha was okay?!

She decided to wake her up again. This time she turned around and looked at her.

"I'm having this weird tingling sensation in my shoulder blade. Is that normal?"

Andrea gasped. Her mouth gaped in shock. The realization.

"And is there a pinching feeling in your toe?"

"Yeah, how do you know?"

"I think I just gave you some of my powers, last night when you were sick and the doctor left, I decided to try and heal you. I didn't know what I was doing. It turns out that my powers have been duplicated into you, because when I first levitated the vase, even I had a tingling feeling in my shoulder blades and pinching feeling in my toe."

It was too much for Maha to fathom. She couldn't take it all in, she just stared at Andrea in shock.

She had ruined Maha's ordinary life, she would never be normal again. Just like Andrea.

"Don't tell anyone."

Andrea nodded. "Not a soul."

She then helped her to get up. And of course, when she tried out, she had every single power that Andrea did.

She couldn't take this anymore, Andrea had ruined her best friends life. She clenched her fists and felt like tearing her hair out. She opened her window and flew out. Andrea couldn't. She just couldn't. She flew all the way to the main city. That was a mile away from the country. She was flying when she saw someone holding a flashlight beneath her. She curled into a ball in the air and just floated there. He did flash the light on her, but he just walked away. What was happening?

She looked at her hands and saw that she had turned invisible. Talk about convenience.

After about 15 minutes, she reached the main city. She had never been here, so it was breath-taking. But she didn't enjoy it for long. She was so angry at herself!

She wanted to just put an end to all her miseries. She didn't know what to do. She didn't want to go back home, she just couldn't.

She flew to the top of the tallest building she saw, and looked down. The drop was pretty steep. She still hated herself. She had ruined a life.