Chapter 30

Trigger Warning: Sexual assault themes. Read at your own discretion, or skip until the italicized part is over.

Two years earlier.

"Grey?" I call out into the woods. He had been gone for hours, and he usually always made sure he was home by dusk. The sun was low, almost lost in the night completely.

I go deeper in the woods, ignoring Grey's past warnings to never stray from our cabin. "There are far worse nightmares out in the woods than you're ready for," He had said.

"Grey?" I call out again, and my initial annoyance at his tardiness turned into concern. "This isn't funny, I'm worried."

I heard someone walking through the thick brush, and exhaled in relief as I turned to face Grey. "Thank the Goddess. What have you been doing?"

My heart stops beating when I see that it isn't Greyson at all, but an unfamiliar rogue. He's not the ugliest guy I've ever seen, tall, muscular, and big blue eyes.

"Oh, sorry," I apologize. "I thought you were someone else."

He grins, flashing his canines wickedly. "I can be whoever you want me to be, darling."

"Uhm... No thanks," I quickly say. "My, um, friend is looking for me, he'll be here any minute."

The rogue looks around the surrounding forrest. "I don't see him anywhere. And if I recall, you were the one shouting his name, I don't think he's looking for you, doll."

I take a step back in fear, not liking how sinister his dark eyes look. His grin widened at my actions. "Run if you want, darling. You won't be able to escape me."

"I don't want to hurt you," I warn, and he howls in laughter.

"You couldn't if you tried," He promised.

I raise my hands, draining a nearby tree of its life force, creating a ball of energy. "Please, leave," I plead. I don't want to hurt him, regardless of what a skeez he is.

He raises his hands in surrender, backing away slowly. I exhale in relief as his figure disappears in the woods.

I turn away, allowing the energy to dissipate into the air. When I turn back in the direction of the cabin, I shriek in surprise as the rogue is standing face to face with me.

He shoves me to the ground, pouncing on me like I'm his prey, and uses one of his hands to pin mine to the ground above my head, and I'm unable to use my Gift. I struggle from underneath him, but he's twice my size, and far too heavy for me throw him off.

"So beautiful," He whispers, using his free hand to trace the side of my face. When his finger gets close to my mouth, I snap at him, managing to bite his finger. He hisses in pain, withdrawing it, but he only looks amused. "You're lucky I love a fighter."

I sob as he kisses my cheek, and down my neck. His hand grabs my thigh, and I'm helpless, unable to stop his hand from roaming higher.

Suddenly, the pressure from his heavy body disappears, and I hear a loud growl. My sobs of fear turn to relief when I see Greyson's wolf on top of the rogue, his teeth latched deep around his neck.

His wolf turns to look back at me, growling and jerking his head to the side, warning me to look away.

I shift my gaze away from them, flinching as I hear the rogue's screams, and the sound of tearing flesh. I hear Greyson's footsteps get closer to me, he's shifted back into his human form.