Day 2

I woke up to a knife at my throat. The idiot from 1, kian, was shaking with rage. "You let Val die!" He whispered into my ear.

I felt around for my nearest weapon. My hand closed around the hilt of my sword. I gripped it and stood up, pointing the blade at Kian's face.

"You think I'd save that awful excuse for a woman? Ha!"

Terror flashed through his eyes as my blade stuck out of his back. I shoved him over the edge and heard a cannon go off.

I hid all my supplies and took the main necessities. My sword was in my hand with an axe at my side. I turned on the night vision goggles and jumped down from my perch.

I was walking around the cornucopia when something dripped on my head. I looked up to see someone's body impaled by stalagmites hanging from the roof of the cave. "Mason." I scowl, know only he could do something like this.

I continued my trek, hearing 1 more cannon fire along the way. As I walk north, I hear whispers up ahead. I duck behind the nearest Boulder and scope of out.

The tributes from both 3 and 11 are having a dispute. The guy from three has the girl from 11 in a chokehold while the guy from 11 has the girl from 3 pinned down with 3 blades at her throat. Neither of them move.

As I'm about to step in and interfere, the whole arena begins to shake. The hostages wiggle their way out and back to their partners.

I watch in terror as the arena begins to literally turn around. Soon enough I'm perched on the ceiling, hanging on for dear life.

The couple from 3 falls to their death and the girl from 11 gets impaled by the stalagmites that are now pointed up from the floor. The boy and I, both tumble to the ground and we face off.

He gets a good slash in on my neck but I win by pushing him into a sharp rock. I loot him and run back to my cave.

Boom. Boom. Boom. Boom.

The four cannons for the 3 and 11 tributes. I continue to run and hear the insane laughter from the blinds. Although we have a truce, I change my course to not interfere.

Boom. Boom. Boom.

Three more deaths from the rotating cave. I run faster, pushing myself forward. I get back to my cave in no time, only to find the two boys from 8 and 10.

Without saying a word, they advance me. But before I can react, the fall to the floor with arrows sticking out from necks.

The mason twins jump down from wherever they had been and retrieve the bloody arrows. "Good to see you again!" Jasper chirps, cleaning the tips of his arrows.

Boom. Boom.

"Nice shot." I counter. I enter my cave and find all my stuff intact. "It was Joan, really." Jasper says, "but that freak mason maimed her."

I look over to see a long, bloody scar running across her face. The crude stitching shut her mouth closed. She shrugged. "I did my best with what we had." Jasper sighed.

I decided not to bring up the fact that she won't be able to eat. I let them set up camp with me. I ate in silence and jasper cleaned Joan's wound. And we drifted off.

But soon enough, we were awoken by the mound sound of a cannon. Jasper and I jolted awake to see what had happened. It wasn't until a muffled cry escaped Jasper's mouth that I knew Joan hadn't made it.

Jasper lifted up his limp twin and carried her outside. I watched as the Capitol seal shown trough the darkness a few minutes later, revealing the dead:

District 1 - kian
District 3 - the girl & guy
District 5 - the girl
District 7 - Joan
District 8 - the girl & guy
District 10 - the girl & guy
District 11 - the girl & guy

I didn't know most of them, but seeing kian up there, it made my day.

Jasper crawled back inside, his eyes red and puffy. He said nothing and crawled into his sleeping bag. I decided to let him be, if be the same way if I'd just lost a sibling.

Soon I drifted off two, but this was only a half sleep. I wasn't dreaming and when the silver parachute landed by the entrance, I went to receive it.

Inside the small box was a wooden ring and a small note. I knew this was for jasper so I lay it next to him for him to find when he wakes up.

With that I fell into a real sleep. 17 down and 6 more to kill. Hopefully I won't be one of those six.

I have all intention of ditching jasper but that can wait until the morning, I need the rest anyways.