Chapter Twenty-Eight: The Battle

Hiro glanced at you. "Nice pajamas," he added. You stared down at your baggy (F/C) shirt and pajama pants. The pants were (Favorite Cartoon) themed.

You glared at him. "Just let me get ready."

In less than five minutes, you were suited up, with a tight black shirt underneath. You pulled on your sneakers and raced back to the window. "Where's everyone else?"

"They said they would meet us there." Tadashi pulled you onto Baymax.

"Where is Callaghan, exactly?" 

Hiro started up Baymax. "He's at this warehouse right near the bridge." Baymax shot into the air and you screamed.

"Whoa, calm down," Tadashi steadied you.

"Well, the fact I could fall off is-"

"I won't let you fall," Tadashi interrupted. "I promise."

* * *

Baymax landed near the warehouse. Everyone else was already there.

Gogo stared at the warehouse. "You sure he's in there?"

Hiro nodded. "Now, let's go. We're wasting time."

"We're about to die!" Wasabi cried. "We could at least come up with some sort of plan." He switched his lasers on. "Besides, I don't want to waste this perfectly good suit."

Hiro sighed. "Just don't split up. Let's go already."

Hiro confidently led the way. You were extremely scared. The man who was trying to kill you was in the warehouse, right that moment. He could jump out and slash your throat open at any second.

"Calm down," Tadashi whispered. You nodded tersely.

The team passed by a pile of old cardboard boxes. Fred accidentally brushed one off the pile, and it landed on the floor loudly. Everyone immediately lashed out, flinging discs and burning things and wrecking everything at once.

"False alarm!" Hiro called. Everyone stopped, embarrassed.

"Oh, what a surprise," a voice called out. "I see my boy Hiro has spilled the beans."

Your heart stopped and you were frozen with fear. Everyone turned to see Callaghan, standing on a beam, high off the ground.

"Go!" Hiro screamed, and everyone attacked. You let out some rope and it wrapped around a beam. You zipped yourself up, and you landed on the narrow plank of wood. 

"(Y/N)! What are you doing?" Hiro called.

You ignored him, and began running across the web of planks towards the man in the mask. 

"(Y/N)! Stop!" Tadashi called. 

"(Y/N)," Callaghan said smoothly, turning around. "Such a pleasure to see you." He watched as you approached him. Suddenly, he lashed out. "Too bad I'm going to kill you!" 

You were ready. You leaped over him and landed delicately behind him, then kicked him in the back. 

Callaghan reared up and swung a kick at you. It pushed you off the beam, but you caught yourself dangling fifty feet off the ground. You gripped the beam with your trembling fingers. Don't let go, you willed yourself. 

You inched away from Callaghan as he tried to step on your fingers. Your fingers dodged his heavy boots. The professor finally was able to step on your left hand, and immediately you plummeted downwards. 

You prepared yourself for the landing, but then you realized you weren't falling anymore. Your eyes opened to see Tadashi, grinning at you. "You have fallen," he murmured.