Chapter One: The Bot Fight

On the outskirts of the city, a dark alley lay, untouched by the bright lights of San Fransokyo. All was quiet as the sun sank down the darkening sky. Dark rain clouds were gathering.

"All right, who's up?" A screech cut through the quiet. A lady smirked as she held out a plate.

A burly man, Michio, grinned and handed over a crumpled twenty-dollar bill. All around him were scrawny teenagers, all clutching money and hastily-made robots.

The lady accepted the money and glared around the crowd. "Who's up?" she repeated.

"Me!" a teenage boy with greasy blond hair called confidently. He held up two five-dollar bills.

The two competitors put their robots in the ring and sat down. At the lady host's mark, the two robots rose to life.

Immediately Michio's robot crushed the teenage's bot. Astonished, the blonde glanced at the winner, who plucked all three bills from the plate with a satisfied grin. "Ha!" he cackled. "Who's up against me now?"

As the humiliated teenager slunk back into the crowd, you piped out in a small voice, "I will."

Surprised, the arrogant man turned to face you. You had your (H/C) hair in a messy braid and sly (E/C) eyes. You wore a (F/C) hoodie and blue jeans, and at you feet were black sneakers with white soles.

Michio snorted. "Right," he said sarcastically, eyeing your bot. It was a large silver ball that fit in your palm.

You reached into your pocket and pulled out five ten-dollar bills. "You sure?"

"You're on."

You shoved the money at the sneering lady with the plate and settled down on the cracked cement. Ignoring the snickering crowd, you pulled out a controller and put the ball in the ring.

Snickering, Michio tossed his floppy robot in front of the gleaming sphere. An arm reached out limply and picked up the ball. Just when the bot was about to chuck it out of the ring, the silver bot sprouted legs and a small blade. The razor-sharp edge cut into the arm of the robot and popped it right off.

Michio gasped and narrowed his eyes. The one-armed robot staggered towards the ball, which rolled between its legs, turned, and pulled out all of its wires.

Michio sputtered as his robot crumpled to the floor. Bored, you walked over to your bot and bent to pick it up.

Screeching with anger, the man shoved you aside and stormed back into the crowd. You collected your winnings, and quickly stepped away when the lady flashed a glare at you. She nudged a challenger into the light. He was probably about fourteen, with a mop of black hair, a red shirt, a dark blue jacket, and long dark beige shorts. His untied yellow shoelaces flopped around on his brown sneakers like wet noodles.

You sat down next to the ring with a sigh. He pulled out a flimsy-looking black robot with a yellow smiley face.

When the battle started, you tried rolling your bot around his to snap it in half. But his robot disassembled and blocked you, surrounding you. Determined, you gripped the controller and sliced a piece of his bot open. But the other pieces swarmed over you, crushing and tearing until there was nothing left but a metal pancake.

Shocked, your gaze travelled up from the ring to the boy, who was smugly collecting the money.

You dropped the controller into your lap. You weren't used to losing. Sure, you had lost some games in your early days of bot fights, but this guy was just savoring your frustration and anger. He plucked the bills from the annoyed host and counted it, smirking. Thunder rumbled overhead.

You shoved your controller into your jacket pocket and snatched your crushed bot from the ring, your eye twitching. Then you spun around and stormed out of there. What was the point? You didn't have any more money to bet now.

As you walked down the long alley, the raindrops started to fall. It came down lightly at first, then it came harder. You felt the watery bullets pounding on your shoulders and head and then you heard footsteps walking behind you. Glancing back, you saw that it was him. He smirked at you, striding along as if the rain didn't even exist. Gritting my teeth, you walked faster. He picked up his pace too.

You stopped. "What is it?" you snapped.

He gave you a bored look. "Can't I walk out of the alley without a girl yelling at me?"

"Not if you're practically breathing down my neck."

"Why are you so mad anyway? Not used to losing?" he said playfully.

You didn't want to admit it. So you just pulled out your flattened bot and shoved it into his chest. "Fine, you fix it then, genius," you spat. Your hair was beginning to plaster to your face and your soaked clothes clung to your shivering body. Then you turned and started walking again.

"Geez, don't be so upset," he said, running up so he was next to you. He had to jog to keep up with your fast stride.

"Whatever, you can go now." You had reached the end of the long alley. Cars whizzed past, their windshield wipers swiping madly.

"Do you have a ride?" he asked.

"I lost my bus money, thank you very much."

He gave you a look.

"Look, I don't even know what your name is, but you can leave me alone, okay?" you said, turning around to face him. "I don't mind walking in the rain if it means getting away from you."

He stepped back. "Fine, then." He tossed you your destroyed robot. "And you can keep it. Why would I need garbage like this?"

Suddenly, a guy on a motorcycle whizzed up. A helmet shielded his face. "Hiro Hamada!" the guy said sharply. He was probably an eighteen-year-old, with slightly muscular arms. He was slender and tall. "How many times do I have to tell you, botfighting is illegal!" He didn't seem to notice you.

"Calm down, Tadashi," Hiro said excitedly. "Wait till you see the money I won!" He glanced at you and smirked. You clenched your fists as the two zoomed off, spraying water over your sneakers.

You sighed and walked away, the rain dripping down your face.

* * *

I hope you enjoy this new fanfic I'm writing. . . heheh. I thought my BH6 x Reader Oneshots was really fun to write, so here is a whole story dedicated to YOU. :D

Enjoy the story, and don't forget to vote and comment!

~Clover