Chapter Twelve: Hoshi Moves In

You looked glumly out your bedroom window. Michiko's Mercedes- Benz pulled up to the house, and the car door opened.

Hoshi stepped out wearing sunglasses with pink frames. Her brown hair was loose in waves around her shoulders, and she had on a pink ruffly T-shirt and a short black shirt. Huge silver hoops dangled from her ears and loads of bracelets and necklaces glimmered in the sun. Her pink, glossed lips curled into a frown as she pulled out a huge pink suitcase on wheels. 

"(Y/N)! Hoshi's here!" your dad called from downstairs. 

Gritting your teeth, you pulled away from the window and walked downstairs moodily. Hoshi had walked inside with her mother, glancing around the mansion with distaste. She perched her sunglasses on her brown hair when she noticed you approach her. "(Y/N)," she said. 

You didn't say anything, only narrowed your eyes.

Your dad clasped his hands together. "Hoshi, let's go to your new room." He gave you a meaningful look that said, Be nice. You rolled your eyes and crossed your arms, but you followed your new family up to the guest room.

"Hoshi, here's your room, and your closet. Your dresser and desk is right there," you dad said excitedly. 

"We can shop for more things to make it look nice later," Michiko added kindly. Hoshi nodded, looking dazed. She stared out of her huge window nook on the far wall.

You felt like a bat in a grove of pink flowers. "Which bathroom is she taking?"

"She'll be sharing yours for now while we fix up hers," you dad replied, adjusting the blue- and - purple pillows on Hoshi's canopy bed. 

"Whoa, what?"

"Lunch is almost ready," your dad said quickly. "Michiko, why don't you help your daughter get set up, and (Y/N), you can help me set the table."

You scowled as your left the room with your dad. "Sharing a bathroom? First it's a house, then a bathroom? We have a whole mansion! She can pick one out of almost seven!"

"We need to color it so it matches her bedroom," your dad said matter- of -factly.

You sighed. Typical Dad.

After an awkward, quiet lunch, you ducked into your bathroom and saw a huge variety of makeup and lotions all spread out over your counter. Shampoos lined your bathtub. Annoyed, you shoved Hoshi's stuff to one side so you could wash your hands.

* * *

You picked up a bundle of wires. The shop was quiet. I'll just pick up some stuff for bots and go home. You turned and saw Hiro poking around down the aisle. Quickly, you turned around, but it was too late. "Hi, (Y/N)," Hiro called.

You sighed. "Hi," you mumbled, and left the aisle. Hiro appeared by your side. "What are you getting?"

"Just some stuff for robots," you muttered. "I need to get back now."

Hiro stopped. "Okay."

When you returned to your house, you saw a pile of envelopes spread over the dining table. Today's mail, you thought. You poked through it, bored, when suddenly you saw it. 

The envelope was addressed to you, and the return address was from SFIT. Your heart thudded madly. Could it be it? You tore it open with shaking hands. Sure enough, it was an acceptance letter, allowing you to enroll for SFIT.

* * *

Thanksgiving break is almost over TT_TT I need to return to the Chamber of Torture tomorrow Dx

I really don't like school.

~Clover