Havyn

Havyn walked without thought

     Havyn walked without thought. The snow was falling above her, making her cheeks and nose a bright pink. She snuggled her neck further into her scarf, wanting to get to Sally's. She could see the café, and her mouth watered when she thought of her frappé. Her book, Wuthering Heights, was tucked deeply into her coat. Her boots squeaked against the snow and she found herself walking a bit faster.

     Havyn smiled at a little girl growling at her mom. The young girl giggled when she found that she was being watched, which caused Havyn's smile to grow. She loved children. They were filled with joy and innocence.

     Havyn decided to sit at the booth before ordering, but as soon as she sat, her usual barista was already there with her frappé and a blueberry muffin. The barista also handed her a note, smiling and walking off.

I noticed you like frappés, I'm just guessing on the muffin. Hope you enjoy.

-Jack.

     Who was Jack? Havyn scanned the male workers, curiosity consuming her. Guy number one had long blond hair and a straw-like beard. He didn't look like the type to leave a note to a girl, but who knows. The second guy was also blond, but more attractive. Please be Jack, she thought to herself. She couldn't help but be disappointed to find that he was indeed not Jack, but Austin. As she studied the other men, she realized Jack didn't work at Sally's. She eventually convinced herself that he was just someone being kind for the holidays, and proceeded to eat her muffin, sip her frappé, and get lost in her book.

     However, all Havyn could think of was Jack.