Jack

Jack's repertoire of coming to Sally's began to become monotonous

     Jack's repertoire of coming to Sally's began to become monotonous. Everyone who came in was vapid and indistinguishable. He had witnessed ten different college girls come in, all at different times, ordering the same thing in the same apparel: leggings, a hoodie, and boots. Vapid.

     Then, he spotted someone he should have noticed sooner. Jack watched as she impatiently waited in line. He studied her appearance, checking out her figure.

     Listening intently, Jack heard her order clearly. The barista ignored her, implying the barista already knew the order. This gave him the impression that she wasn't a newcomer and that he had been slacking. Maybe Sally's wasn't so vapid after all. She had ordered a peppermint frappé with extra candy canes, whipped cream and chocolate. When her drink was ready, it cleaved to her hand.

     As time ticked on, He began to notice things: she never touched her phone, if she even had one, and she loved reading and frappes. Often, she was so deep in her book that hours would pass before she looked up. She then sipped her beverage and gazed out the window. She would smile when someone passed her, she would wave at the children when they came up to her, and she smiled as the snow fell heavily.

     This all caught her attention until she searched Sally's again, stopping on Jack. She was loudly curious, staring intensely and not moving. She was studying him, so he didn't look at her until five minutes had passed, and she was the brightest shade of red he has ever seen. Cute.