Havyn

As Havyn waited in line, she had an abnormal feeling someone had been watching her

     As Havyn waited in line, she had an abnormal feeling someone had been watching her. She had already looked around three times and didn't want to seem obvious, so she kept her head forward and waited for the line to move. She gripped her book in her hand, just wanting to get her beverage.

Once Havyn's peppermint frappé was in her hand, she decided to sit and read for a while. The snow was blowing terribly outside and a melancholy feeling settled in her stomach; she was lonely. She sipped the drink, the whipped cream slowly diminishing. She could taste the candy canes in it, a drink she asked for specifically. It was a regular peppermint frappé with candy cane bits, followed by whipped cream and chocolate syrup piled on top.

Havyn indulged in her book; she read about the adventures of Clea and Sage. Clea had taken a trip to Rio and taken several pictures, only to find an inexplicable man in the background of every single one. She thought it was a malevolent being, and then Clea found herself dreaming about the eccentric man. She would have various fantasies and yearned for him to be real. She eventually found Sage, her soul mate.

As more people piled out of the café in hopes of beating the storm, Havyn felt the loneliness assuage. She no longer felt she was being watched and felt peaceful. After a while, she had to use the restroom. She reluctantly left her book and frappé in the booth, hoping no one took it.

Once she returned, Havyn was relieved to see her stuff had gone untouched. She quickly finished her frappé and waited out the storm. She was used to the way the leather seat squeaked when she sat in the booth; she was used to the soft murmurs of people as they talked to their lovers, children, and family members; she was used to all these feelings, and she hated each and every one of them.

Glancing around the room, Havyn noticed a man that looked to be around twenty years old. He stared at the unsullied wall meditatively, as if trying to crack a code. He looked like a Ryan, she thought. She studied his charming features, and from what she could tell, he was an attractive man with brown hair, green eyes, a long torso, and high cheekbones. When the man glanced at her, she shyly turned her attention to something else.