Chapter 19

"Hello everyone and welcome to the final room tour." I introduced the next part of the video and walked dramatically into my room. "Where should I start?"

"Just start right when you walk in."

"So right when you walk in you have my bed in the middle of the room against the black accent wall." I pointed it out. Then at the end of my bed is like a black loveseat thing with this white blanket and across from that is my tv."

"My favorite thing is the little vines that cover all of the back black wall. And the led lights look really cool when like the main light is off." Ryland pointed them out and referenced the lights that were built into the ceiling. "But she was being difficult about how the vines were hung up."

"Well I made them measure it so that they would all be an equal distance apart." I explained. "Ok so this is the wall that has like my closet which goes into my bathroom so that's what that door is." I pointed at my closet door. "But we have a big mirror that's propped in the corner of these two walls." I pointed to the wall with my closet door and the wall with my tv. "And on the this side of my bed is my night stand. Then we have to jump over to the wall opposite of this one and it's my desk, and we got this like vanity mirror with lights."

"You are so bad at this, this is all over the place."

We finished the tour and then Ryland sat down to edit the 3 days that we filmed together, and I think he also went into my room to give a better tour than I did.

"Laney, come here." Dad yelled from the beauty room.

"Yeah?"

"I'm about to send these papers to the court house." He held up the stack of papers. "And after they process it, it'll be about a month and then we'll get back a court date."

"That's good." I sat on one of the chairs.

"Do you like your room?" He asked.

"Yeah, me and Ryland were talking about looking for some art online because the wall with my desk looks a little blank but other than that I actually really like it."

"It's cute!" He commented on it.

"Yeah I feel like I don't know what else to do though now because that's all I've been doing." I laughed.

"I had another question too." Dad got more serious for a second. "I just wanted to check in on like therapy and your medicine and stuff. Do you like therapy?"

"I mean, yeah I think it helps me. And my medicine works I think."

"Your doctor said that if you wanted to you could be re evaluated by your therapist to get off of medicine. Or do you wanna stay on it for now?" He asked.

"I mean, it would be nice to not take it, but I feel like I still need to. Like I don't feel comfortable going off of it because I don't know what that would mean yet."

"That's okay." He confirmed. "You just always have to let me know what you wanna do."

"Can you order dinner?" I said, "sorry that was unrelated to the what I wanna do I just got hungry."

"Are you eating?" Dad asked me, and I nodded. "No but like are you eating enough."

"Yes, I promise." I dragged out my words to prove a point.

"I know, I just wanted to make sure because you haven't talked about it in a while."

"Can we get In-n-Out?" I went back to my initial question.

"I guess." He pulled out his phone to order food.

I waited in the family room for a little bit, watching YouTube while I waited for food.

"Thank you." I said as dad handed me food.

"What are you watching?" He asked sitting next to me.

"I actually don't know." I answered clicking on the video, "Yeah I have no idea what I'm watching." I read the title and still didn't know what it was.

Dad and I eventually decided to watch some old Tyler Oakley videos, and we stayed on the couch for the rest of the night.