Chapter 8

tw: suicide (it's the whole chapter so if you might get triggered you might wanna skip this one!)

**

I messaged Shane that I loved him and thank you, and then I turned my phone off.

I didn't know exactly what I was doing but I had a general idea.

I went to the bathroom and took out of razor, it was still untouched from where I had barely showered this whole time.

I slammed my razor on the desk to get the actual razor part out.

Then I went downstairs and into the medicine cabinet. Elaine was asleep. It was 1 am.

I took a bottle of pills down, I don't know what kind they are but I grabbed a water bottle and went back upstairs.

I dumped out the contents of the pill bottle onto my desk, staring at them. Waiting to see if I could feel anything. I took a deep breath and took about half of the pills. I swallowed them, still not feeling anything. I picked up the razor and pressed it deep. I didn't even feel it. I felt myself cut in way too deep and arm arm was suddenly covered in blood. That's when I quickly snapped out of it.

I messed up.

With shaky hands and my head pounding I picked up my phone and dialed dads number.

"Dad?" I said as soon as he answered.

"Laney?" He sounded shocked and happy at the same time.

"No dad. I can't explain right now but I need help. I need medical help right now. I need you to call an ambulance or something and I need you here. I'm gonna try to go downstairs so..."

"Hold on Laney shhh relax what happened. I took a bunch of pills and I cut my arm like really bad." I started crying, "I'm sorry dad I didn't mean to."

"I know Lane it's okay, we called an ambulance, they're coming soon. I'm gonna be there I promise. Me and Ryland are getting in the car right now and we're coming to your house."

"I don't feel good." I felt my eyes roll back in my head.

"Laney stay with me okay, I need you to talk to me. Do not try to move anywhere stay right where you are." Ryland instructed.

"Dad I'm sorry."

"I know, Lane it's okay it's not your fault." He convinced me. "Are you with me?"

"I hear the hospital thing-"

"That's good. I'm two minutes away okay? I'm going as fast as I can."

"How do I let them in?"

"They'll just come in. I'm still on the phone with them." Ryland said.

"I'm tired." I wanted to go to sleep but I knew I would never wake up probably.

"Laney, baby, listen I love you so much okay? And I need you to stay with me, ok help is coming. You're doing so good talking to me."

"Yeah, I guess." I heard the door and I screamed where I was.

I heard Elaine come out of her room and I freaked out.

"Dad she's up I'm going to get in trouble." I started to cry harder as the EMTs came into my room.

"She's not getting you in trouble, Laney you never have to see her again I promise. Ok I'm here I'm coming up stairs."

The EMTs quickly picked me up and carried me downstairs and put me on a stretcher.

I saw Shane and he rushed to me.

"It's okay, shhh I know." He touched my hair and I winced from a bruise. "Lane what did you take they need to know."

"I don't know. It's on my desk." Ryland ran up to look for it.

"There can be one rider." The EMT said looking between Elaine and dad.

Elaine tried to step up and dad quickly pushed her aside.

"Get the fuck away from my daughter right now." And then he was next to me sitting down.

The EMTs cleaned my arm and put some wrap thing on it.

"Can I go to sleep now?" I asked, and everyone said no.

"Dad it hurts," he nodded, telling me he knew. Eventually I did fall asleep, everything slowly going black.

Shane's POV

I wanted to throw up. There was my daughter her arms red from blood and her eyes bright red.

I tried to get as much out of her as I could and Ryland was going to find what she took. I knew just from looking at her she needed stitches and her stomach pumped.

"There can be one rider."  The EMT said to us as they loaded my girl onto the ambulance.

Elaine tried to step up but that was not happening.

"Get the fuck away from my daughter right now." I stepped onto the ambulance and I saw Ryland running into the driveway.

"It was sleeping pills!" He yelled into the driveway, then quickly hopped into his car to meet us at the hospital.

They put Laney on oxygen when she went to sleep, they were trying to keep her stable. They picked up Laney's shirt and she had bruises all over the side of her ribs.

Please let my girl be okay.