Chapter 3

Today, Morgan was coming to quarantine with us. She had quarantined herself first, and then was coming with us so she didn't have to be by herself forever. I was excited, I needed someone new to hang out with. I love my dad and Ryland but like I don't have anyone to just hang out with.

"Morgan!" I yelled, running downstairs.

"Hey, Laney!" She hugged me and set her bag down next to her.

"Can we go watch a movie?"

Dad cut me off quickly before Morgan could even answer. "You have to do school first. And Morgan I know for a fact you're gonna distract her." He laughed.

"I don't have that much to do." I told Morgan, quickly running upstairs to do my work.

Today I had history. So I watched a video about it on crash course that my teacher linked and then I did the worksheet on it. As soon as I was done I texted Morgan to come into my room.

"I have literally been going crazy." I told her as soon as she came in.

"What did they do?" Morgan laughed.

"Nothing! That's why I feel bad. Literally I wake up and we eat our breakfast then Dad doesn't let me do anything until I do my homework then we just do nothing all day." I ranted. "I just needed someone else to hang out with."

"You're allowed to say Rylands annoying. Trust me he's my brother I get it." She joked.

"He's not even annoying! He lets me do pretty much whatever I want, it's just the point of being stuck with them and they're boring."

"Put a bathing suit on and we can go hang out outside. I'm gonna go change." Morgan left my room and I changed into a Dalmatian print bikini, and pulled my dark hair into a high pony tail.

I went downstairs and went outside. I sat on my phone for a second while I waited for Morgan.

"How do you look so pretty all the time." Morgan complained as she came outside in her bathing suit.

I'm pretty sure the pool wasn't really warm enough, but I jumped in anyway.

"It's cold." I immediately jumped out and jumped into the hot tub. "Do not recommended."

"Is it that cold?" Morgan dipped her foot in it. "Ew it is."

We sat in the hot tub and just hung out for a little bit. Then we just drove the golf cart in circles in the backyard.

We went back inside as it got dark to eat dinner together, then we watched a Saw movie.

Little did I know, that after this day my life would be turned upside down.