𝕮𝖔𝖋𝖋𝖊𝖊 𝕾𝖍𝖔𝖕 | 𝕵𝖊𝖆𝖓 |

𝘐 𝘸𝘦𝘯𝘵 𝘢𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘥 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘥𝘪𝘥 𝘢𝘯𝘰𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳 𝘈𝘜, 𝘱𝘭𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘦 𝘬𝘦𝘦𝘱 𝘳𝘦𝘲𝘶𝘦𝘴𝘵𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘳𝘢𝘤𝘵𝘦𝘳𝘴 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘮𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘥𝘰!

--- ♡ --- ♡ --- ♡ ---

Walking to my favorite coffee shop in town, I was quite surprised to see that it was so busy. Not to say it was a bad coffee shop, as everything they served was absolutely delicious, though it was more of a hole in the wall. Not many people knew about it, well, it seems like that until today. Nevertheless, I decided that it wouldn't hinder my attempt to get coffee, considering I had a busy day today and the only way to get through it without falling asleep at my desk was a cup of coffee.

Pushing the door open, the little bell gave a soft ding, though it didn't seem to matter with the amount of people inside. Their chatter was echoing throughout the whole coffee shop and the baristas seemed to be working twice as fast to get out orders and hopefully clear the shop. I approached the growing line and waited patiently, occasionally glancing to my phone for any work notifications or any from close friends. As I was typing a response back to my closer friends, the lady at the register called for the next person.

I put my phone away and approached the woman with a soft smile. She looked tired, clearly not expecting such a busy day. Though as her eyes landed on me, she smiled.

"The usual?" She questioned.

"You know me to well Lizzy," I responded, giving her a small laugh. She typed it into the register, smiling back. "Long day?" I questioned softly, already going to get my money, knowing what the total would be.

"Oh my lord yes. I'm surprised I'm still standing, my feet ache. The total is $8.25," Lizzy commented and I handed her the money and mover over to the side to wait for my drink and pastry I ordered along with it. 

As my order was prepared and handed towards me, I thanked the worker and looked over the busy coffee shop. Well... it appeared all the spots were taken and sitting outside wasn't an option either. All those tables were taken as well. I looked towards my usual spot and found a male sitting there by himself, a computer in front of him. He wore a white button up shirt and some black slacks. His hair looked to be a dark blue or maybe black color, with a part of it covering one eye. He seemed nice enough to sit with..

I approached him, taking a deep breath to soothe my nerves. He looked up at me silently, noticing my presence immediately. He seemed to have a sharp eye. 

"I'm sorry to bother you.. do you mind if I sit here? The shop is completely full." I stated, giving him a small smile. He was silent for a few seconds before he moved his stuff. 

"Sure," He muttered. As I sat down, he didn't utter another word and his gaze fell to his computer. He didn't seem to talk much but at least he was kind enough to let me sit with him. I sat there quietly and a bit awkwardly as I munched on my pastry and drank my coffee. Thirty minutes went by and he had finished his coffee and pastry, closing his lap top, he stood up. He seemed he was going to leave without uttering another word, so I quickly stood up, stopping him in his steps.

"Thank you for letting me sit with you," I commented and he nodded.

"You're welcome," He responded and left, leaving me in the coffee shop, watching his retreating figure. 

The next day had come as quickly as the previous one ended and yet again, I was back at my favorite coffee shop. Once again, it was busy. Was this becoming one of those popular hang outs? I didn't mind to much, considering it was good for business if the coffee shop had so many people in it.. though it seemed it would be another game of picking where to sit. The shop was once again packed.

Gathering my order I looked over the shop and noticed that the guy from yesterday was here again, in the same spot... my spot. Well, I couldn't technically say it was mine, as it was just the spot I always sat in if it was open. Hopefully he wouldn't mind if I sat with him again right? I could only hope he didn't think I was a crazy stalker or anything. Maybe he was a regular too? I came here often, though I don't remember seeing him a lot. Maybe I didn't pat enough attention? 

Nevertheless, I walked over to the table again and like yesterday, his gaze had fallen on my rather quickly. He had good senses or reflexes it seemed. It made me wonder what work he did. Today he wore a black button up and some black slacks like yesterday. At least he dressed nice. 

"Funny seeing you here again... could I sit here again?" I questioned.

"Go ahead." He responded. Wow... I got more words from him than yesterday already. Maybe I was making progress? I sat down and he went to work on his computer again, though I cleared my throat.

"Excuse me... Could I know your name? You've just been so kind in letting me sit with you." I commented, smiling sweetly at him.

"I'm Jean, what's your name?" He questioned. His gaze had fallen onto me and I almost stopped breathing. Getting a better look of his face, I realized how beautiful he looked... almost like an angel. How could one man be so gorgeous? I also noticed he seemed to have a French accent when he spoke English. 

"I'm (Y/N)." I responded, finally answering his question. He nodded and I couldn't help but look into his eye that wasn't covered. His eye was absolutely gorgeous and it made me wonder why he covered the other one. "I'm sorry if I'm treading on bad ground... but why do you cover your other eye?" I questioned.

"The world would explode if I showed it.." He responded and I merely nodded, feeling like I was stuck in a trance. I couldn't believe I was actually speaking to him, as he seemed like a reserved man. "I'm sorry... I have to go meet a close friend of mine.. it was nice to speak with you (Y/N)." Jean stated, standing up. He had gathered his computer and his items he bought today, which seemed to just be a simple pastry and left.

Over the next few days, Jean and I had sat together in the coffee shop, even when it wasn't terribly busy and I could easily have sat alone. A friendship was beginning to blossom and occasionally I would feel a tingle in my body with certain thoughts or actions he did. Or butterflies.. sometimes my cheeks would burn.

"So she told me it wasn't a big deal. How crazy is that?" I questioned, sipping at my tea I decided to order instead of some coffee. Jean had his laptop on the seat beside him, as he had focused on having a conversation nowadays instead of his work. "She told me that my presentation was terrible and that I overreacted when I told the boss. But she pushed me and I fell, getting coffee over my new blouse... I didn't think I was overreacting," I continued, not noticing how Jean's eyes focused on my face and features with a loving and caring gaze.

I sighed heavily and sipped at the tea again, finally noticing that he hadn't responded. As I set the cup down, I noticed his gaze and my cheeks turned a pink. I could feel them burning and I quickly averted my eyes, looking at the brown liquid in the cup. I know I just met him almost a week or two ago, but we hit it off rather well. Should I repress my feelings and just be friends with him for now? 

"You're gorgeous," Jean suddenly spoke and my cheeks turned a darker shade, burning even more. The guy who I had liked called me gorgeous? Those butterflies in my stomach were fluttering quickly. "I mean what I say, you are stunning." He continued.

"Jean... don't say those things..." I commented, keeping my gaze at the tea cup.

"Why not? I'm speaking the truth.." He responded.

"Because.... because I have feelings for you. And we just met and I don't know what-" 

"I have feelings for you too," He responded, cutting me off from my rant about to unfold. "I don't think there's anything wrong with that, and if people judge you... who cares? It shows they don't care about you." He added on. I smiled widely at his words. His voice was gentle and he always gave the best advice. Maybe I should take it. Who cares about what people thought. I liked him and he liked me, that's all that matters. Just to think, our love started in a hole in the wall coffee shop.