Chapter 3: Through The Dark

༺༻ 1823༺༻

Nicolette Francine Lamarque's P.O.V

"Gavroche stop running around, Courfeyrac leave the girl alone! Combeferre, Jehan stop fighting over the point of view!" I laughed ordering silence, everyone turned to look at me. The air of Café Musain was misty and filled with the smell of alcohol. We always met in the back room, which is rather far from the rest of the café, and according to them, I was privileged because no intruders are allowed. "May I have a moment of silence, thank you."

Everyone laughed as I got on top of a table, grabbing Bahorel's bottle of wine in the air. Ever since I had been meeting with them, my clothing style has become more simple and I was more joyful. "I don't know what I am doing, most likely I am a little drunk," I joked and the boys laughed "But I wanted to do a Toast to our friendship-" All the boys cheered as they grabbed a bottle or a cup and looked at me. I coughed and cleared my throat.

"Drink with me to days gone by

To the life that we live

At the shrine of friendship, never say die

Let the wine of friendship never run dry

Here's to you

And here's To me"

I said in an angelic voice, Grantaire beamed at me as we all cheered and drank down the bottle "Oh Seigneur, c'est fort " I coughed loudly as I examined the bottle of wine that I had just drunk. All the boys chuckled, yes I couldn't handle strong wine, I guess that I may be a little refined. Jean Prouvaire placed his hands on my waist and helped me down the table, he had a charming contortion.

"Thank you Monsieur," I vowed elegantly, yes... I am a little tipsy. "Come Patria, you have to sit down." I followed Jean Prouvaire and we sat beside Courfeyrac and Grantaire, Gavroche sat on my lap and cuddled to my chest. "You are so beautiful Mademoiselle Nicolette."

"Thank you so much, Monsieur Gavroche." I kissed his forehead and Courfeyrac looked at me "You are a wonderful woman; your children will love you."

"Courf' I am a little young to have children, don't you believe that? But thank you for the compliment." I smiled at Gavroche who seemed tired "Gav is like my little brother. I am glad you care about him..." Courfeyrac made eye contact with me and grinned. "The pleasure is mine, he is a bright boy."

But of course, the night couldn't end well... Someone climbed up the stairs of the Café... someone that no one wanted to see... and his face lit with anger as he saw the scene.... then his icy blue eyes met mine...

Nicolas François Lamarque's P.O.V

"Nicolas, we have gone down this street for months now." Enjolras had been growing suspicious of our daily meetings and today he wasn't happy. "Of course, we have to go meet with Aceline..."

"Don't get me wrong, but I would like to be with the boys. You know how they act in the Café...." The golden-haired boy looked at me directly, and I snorted "They will be fine, you have 'Ferre. Nanette! There you are!"

Aceline ran towards us, waving. Aceline had not changed at all, she was the beauty of the day and night. Not like his sister, she was changing... She had turned into a full leader and was doing talks to the people... Aceline still wore nice dresses and kept herself out of the drama.

"Monsieur's I am glad to join you once again," the girl bowed her head at us "Where will we be going today?"

"I thought of the library," I replied instantly before Enjolras could mention the Café. "That would be a lovely idea."