Chapter 11: The Boy

Author's Note:

Hello, welcome back!

This chapter is a continuation of chapter 8: In My Life. I do recommend reading the chapter again if you don't remember what happened because if you don't, you won't understand what is happening in this one.

This chapter is pretty short and is an Enjolras' P.O.V. I thought it was about time to give our charming Apollo a time to shine. I hope you enjoy this short chapter, and you can connect with all the feelings that are being poured into these pages like a waterfall.

By the way, I don't own the video.

Please remember to vote, comment, and add it to your reading list!!

~Vive La France~

༺༻ 1825: Winter. Before Nicolette Showed Up at Enjolras' House.༺༻

That morning started horribly. Just shortly after having breakfast, the mailman handed me a letter from my parents. You see, I only receive messages from my parents when they either want me to join them for lunch/diner and meet some rich girls' family or because they wanted me to go to a party.

Like I had expected, the letter had been written by my mother. The words were just so elegant and neat, they almost made me grimace. I was right, they wanted me to join them for some sort of lunch with some family they were friends with. In other words, they had found another girl who I could be married to.

It disgusted me how my parents, kept trying to link me with someone. Why couldn't they understand that I just didn't want to get married? Why couldn't they understand that I just didn't feel like loving anyone when the only thing in my head was changing this country? Of course, they just never listened to me.

But the day went worse, during university I was distracted and throughout the meeting, Nicolette didn't show up. Not only did that make us all stress a little more, but her brother was moody and the climate in the room was depressive. Something in me was telling me that she was in trouble... And I was right, again.

That very same night, around 3 a.m. someone tapped on my door. I had been studying and finishing some work when out of now were someone knocked. I wasn't expecting anyone but when I opened the door and saw a small figure of a boy, which puzzled me.

"Good evening Monsieur," The voice way too manly for the young figure, and he was looking down at the floor. Caring a satchel three times bigger than himself.

"What are you doing here little boy?" My voice was husky and almost warm against the cold night. No, I didn't recognize her after first, perhaps because she was looking down or because she was acting like a boy. But not until she looked up and I saw those green orbs did I realize that the character wasn't a boy but a girl, and not any lady... but Nicolette herself. I pulled the cap off and the long waterfall fell, my icy blue eyes grew "NICO-"

She pushed me in and covered my mouth with her hand, once in she closed the door and removed the hand out of my mouth. What is she doing here? Why is she wearing that? What is going on? Millions of unanswered questions escaped my lips but didn't even reply, so I asked again after I had taken in that she was right in front of me wearing Nicolas clothes. "What are you doing here wearing this? Why were you missing at tonight's meeting?"

She took a deep breath before replying with a quiet voice, which made me realize something was very wrong. "Enjolras... I am so sorry... I-"

She was trembling, arms wrapped around her body. She looked pale, and her lower lip was shaking while her nails sank in the shirt in a nervous deed. She looked broken, distant, almost like a ghost. She was blending in with the darkness of the room, it was as if the, very same, darkness would lure her in at any second. As if she was going to disappear into thin air and never come back again. Her green eyes were filled with a frightening appearance as they flooded with tears. She dropped the bag in an act of weakness and as it fell she almost did, but I wrapped my arms around her tiny waist and kept her on her feet.