Chapter 8

Yesterday my mom took me back to my nana's house. She didn't come in or see Jade but she told me that she would pick us tomorrow, which is today. She said she'll be here at 10am but it's 4. I've been calling her all day & I think that she blocked my number. I made the mistake of telling Jade that I saw our mama & I told her that she was coming to get us today. Jade was crying all day and I'm slowly getting annoyed.

"Girl if you don't shut yo mouth imma give you a real reason to cry! keep playing with me" My cousin said.

"Who the fuck are you talking to?" I ask.

"I'm talking to Jade, fat ass! Y'all mama is not coming so shut the fuck up. Y'all asses too emotional" she says.

"My mama is coming!" Jade said as she walked up to my cousin & got in her face.

"Come on Jade lets go" I said grabbing her wrist.

"Where? Ain't no where to go!" She yells.

"do you want to go or not?" I say. She agrees to leaving with me & we head out the door.

We walk to this soul food restaurant called aunniees, it's the best in the city.

"Jade are you hungry?" I ask her I know the answer to my question though.

"No, I just want my mommy!" She cries.

"Look jade, I don't know if mommy is coming. I don't know where she is but what I do know is, I love you & if mommy won't be here to love you that you have me forever" I tell her. She just stares out the window.

Next thing you know Demarion walks in with a little boy, I'm assuming that it's his little brother. I slouched down in my seat hoping that he doesn't see me but he did.

"You thought I wasnt going to see you? Haha you not hard to miss" he says laughing at me. But all I heard was 'bitch you're fat! You can't hide'

"What you want?" I ask him while rolling my eyes.

"Davion!" Jade says as she jumps up and hugs the little boy that Demarion is with. I'm happy that she's finally excited about something.

"This yo little brother?" I ask him. He tells me yes & that him & Jade should have a play date soon. I tell him that that's cool & I talk to him about how sad jades been lately. Next thing I know I see jade running.

"Jade! Get ba—" I yell but I stop because I see my mom & some man.

"Thats yo moms or something?" Demarion asks.

"She couldn't be a mama if she tried, she's a deadbeat" I say as I stand up.

"That's crazy, that's my pops new girl" I'm in absolute shock!

"What the fuck!" I yell.

"They been together for like 8 months now" how the fuck has it been 8 months when my mom only been gone for 2 months, going on 3.

I walk over to them

"Why would you stand us up like that! I've been calling you! You had my sister crying all day" I yell. I try not to make a scene inside of this small restaurant, but I can't help myself. I'm hurt.

"Come outside J" my mom says. We walk outside and she tries to explain to me this bullshit ass story! I'm not trying to hear it. "My phone was dead, I didn't have a charger" bullshit.

"That's bullshit! You think I care about yo phone being dead when you have the address? You know where yo mama live! You so pathetic" I say to her.

"Have you lost yo muthafucking mind? Watch how you talk to me before I knock them front teeth up out of yo mouth!" She says.

"The truth hurts! You abandoned us, I won't curse at you anymore but how dare you leave the family you created to go to another one? Jade let's go!" I say.

"No, you can leave but I'm staying with mama" Jade says. She hurts my feelings but I have to realize that Jade really misses her.

I just decided to stay with Jade because my mom is so careless she would fuck around & leave Jade here by herself. The cashier called my number so I went up and grabbed my food.
Jade sat at a table with my mom, her boyfriend & davion & I sit by Demarion.

"So I guess you're my brother now?" I say.

"I guess so, but ion wanna be yo brother, i wanna be yo bae! It can be like one of them pornos, step brother fucks step sister" He laughs.

"What the hell" I instantly get mad. But I ask myself "isn't this what you wanted all along justice?"

"But nah on some serious shit, I do want you Justice" he says, while he stares me in my eyes.

"Boy bye! you treat me like a piece of shit, so why the hell would I want to be with you"

"I dont treat yo---" my mom came over to our table and cut us off.

"Well I see you guys got to know each other fast" she says while looking at the both of us.

"Yeaa this my bestfriend" Demarion said. When did I become his best friend? I barely know him.

After dinner, my mom took us to my nanas house so we could get some clothes she wants us to spend the night so we can "bond". The crazy part about it all is that we live on the same street.