Chapter 2 ♡

Today is Saturday & I'm just chilling. I don't have any friends here, so it's not much for me to do. I think I'm going to go grab some food & work on that assignment that my English teacher gave me, thats about it.

"Are you hungry?" I ask Jade. I feel very bad, because Jade hasn't been eating. I hate that she's dealing with the absents of both parents at a young age. I know that my mama being leaving us has taken a toll on Jade. It's making me sad because I don't know how to help her.

I'm playing the roll of Jades mama because my grandma isn't stepping up to do it.

"No, I'm not hungry" Jade says as she stares at SpongeBob on the TV. I hop up and go to this restaurant by the house & I grab a burger, cheese fries & some hot wings and a soda. They call Soda's "Pop" here. But I'm from Milwaukee & we say soda.

I head back home, eat my food & start writing my paper. This is what I have so far:

This summer was the worst summer ever, for the simple fact that I wasn't thankful for what I had until it was gone. In May, my mother abandoned me and my sister for a month in an apartment. We didn't have food or anything.

I decide to crumble that paper up and right a new one because I don't want to put the state back in our business.

"This summer was a summer full of lessons & blessings. I thought that after school ended last year that I would stop learning but I continued to learn all summer....." I write.

Yesterday was a very depressing day for me because, I felt like it was my fault that my mama left my sister and I. But every thing happens for a reason and I just have to except the fact that I don't have a mother anymore.

When CPS got involved they checked prisons, jails and hospitals to see if my mother was there & she wasn't. My mama just left us, no explanation or anything.

Sometimes I hate living at my nana's house because, my nana hardly talks to me or my sister. She works a lot & she leaves Jade and I here with my cousins. My cousins are so bougie & they look down on me because of my weight, but BITCH I LOVE FOOD! How can you be mad that I love it? But today I'm going for a jog.

I went into my closet and grabbed some sweats and a hoodie, my headphones, my phone and my house keys, and I ran out the house. I was running fast, I didn't care about the people riding around in cars looking at me or the people on the steps of their porches. I ran like a dog was chasing me, then I got tired and turned around to walk back home.

As I'm walking home, out of breath I hear  "aye , aye," I turned around with sweat dripping down my face.

"What?!" I say very rudely. It was the boy from English class.

"Damn ma! I see you getting yo work out on and I didn't mean to stop you but, I was wondering if you'd want to work out with me one of these days, my pops owns a gym on 44th in ave and maybe we could go sometime"

"Like a personal trainer type thing?" I ask.

"Yea, like that. I run the fitness class every Sunday at 4"

"Well I don't mind working out with you but I go to church at and afterwards we go to dinner" I say

"Well, what time does church end?" He asks

"Around 1 sometimes 2" I explain to him.

"How about you skip dinner tomorrow & after our work out we can go grab some healthy food" is he asking me out on a date? I hope so, but like I said, he's not my type.

"That's cool"

"Alright, just give me yo number and I'll hit you up tomorrow" he says. I give him my number and I head back to the house

I went in the house & took a shower cause I was sweating hard as hell.

Will justice and the guy work out together?