The Incident

"I'm glad we did this...I mean we had such a great time. I just want to say thank you." I say to David, as he's packing his car with a bunch of his things, ready to head back home.

"Thank you guys for coming, it was great knowing you...It is pretty sick how we can become friends this fast and be this close." He mumbles.

"We shall do that again soon, maybe?"

"Keep in contact, alright mate?." Harry says and pats him on the back.

There is a long silence between us and then he finally says he's leaving as he's got a long drive.

We exchanged phone numbers and emails, etc and we parted our separate ways.

The road trip was simply amazing and relaxing. We got to discover new things every single day and we tried different activities as well. We got to know each other more and it was also a way for me to get my mind off things, which was something that I really needed.

Harry and David hugged, then Harry says he'll see me inside after I'm done saying goodbye, so he leaves the two of us alone -- something which I was hoping he wouldn't do.

"So...as-tu aimé ton voyage avec moi?" He asks right after Harry leaves.

"Bien sur, thank you David, really."

"It was a pleasure."

We talk for a minute and then I hug him. He hugs me real tight and I whisper goodbye in his ears. He drives off, waving back to me and when he's out of sight; I turn around to go inside to see Harry.

"I had a great time." He says.

"So have I. Thank you for coming Harry...It meant a lot that you were there. I mean you know how much you mean to me...and I love you, I really do."

"Julie...you know I love you too."

When he said that, it suddenly hit me. Memories of my mother and I were coming back. Flashbacks from the cottage and what had happened with my dad.

"Harry..."

"Yes?"

"I need to go home...like right now."

"Alright. Text me later."

"Don't you worry; I just need to check on my mum."

"Want me to come along?"

"That's fine."

"I'll walk you home."

"Go rest for a bit Haz."

"I love you." He says and gives me a kiss on the lips. I walk back home and on the way there, I find myself looking around. I've only been gone for a few days but things looked different for some reason. It took me about fifteen-twenty minutes until I got home. The door was locked, so I opened it with my key. My luggage was in my hand and it was killing me because of the weigh.

"Mom? I'm home!"

No answer.

"Mom? Your car is here! How come you're not answering me! It's me, Julie! I'm back."

No answer again. Well that's weird.

As I walk around the first floor, I notice that everything seems to be quiet and in place.

Very abnormal. Not something that I'd expect from my mom at all.

I walk up the stairs to the second floor and I open my mum's bedroom. She's not there. Not in her walk-in closet or washroom. Where else can she be? Why is it so quiet?