Back In Town

I wake up at 4:30 am, just to make sure that I'm on time. I get ready and decide to eat breakfast even though I'm still half asleep. I feel so tired, but I already said I'd go and I have to go. Besides, I don't even want to stay here. I didn't want to come in the first place and perhaps the reason why it was meant for me to come was so that I could find out about my father's dirty little secret. I can't stay here. 

I take a piece of paper from the desk and write a little note for my step-siblings. They've been so nice to me and I want them to stay safe. I am worried about them. I make sure to advise them about their dad and what they should and shouldn't do. I go to their door and try to twist the doorknob open, only to realize that it is locked, so I slip the note right under the door. I quietly grab breakfast, avoiding to make any noise or to wake anyone up. I go back into my room and next thing I know, David is standing by the window.

"Early I see." I point out after opening the window.

"Oui, mademoiselle. Au fait, David Leblanc n'est jamais en retard; toujours en avance. "

"Yeah" I say, pretending I understood that.

"Shall we go?"

"Come on!" He says and he takes my bag through the window.

"Did you eat something?"

"No, I'm good." He says.

"I'll grab you something if you like!"

"That's fine, don't you worry."

"Alright then." I look back one last time before leaving the room through the window. I left the door closed, but unlocked and I did not even leave a note to say that I was leaving. I did not want to. I can't have my dad find me. It'll make things worse.

"Nice car." I say, as I get into his Lamborghini Murcielago, leaving my bags at the back, next to his.

I sit in the passenger seat next to him and he drives off. I look back at the cottage to see it for a moment, because I know this is my first and last time here.

"So you had a good sleep last night?"

"Great, got about three hours of sleep." He says.

His French accent was really cute. I really liked that.

"How are you not falling asleep right now?"

"Because euh j'ai bu du coffee."

"Ah oui? Good then. This is going to be a long drive. " I say and laugh.

The road is empty at this early in the morning. When he finally realizes that we're just driving, he asks me to program the GPS. I put in my address.

"Time passes by fast when you have fun." He mumbles and I see him wink.

"Can't really have fun when we're driving now, can we?"

"Ah oui, tu crois? Mais on peut maybe play a game?"

"Speaking the 'frenglish' with me David, aren't you? Shall I do the same? "

"If you wish...my dear Julie."

"David you know..."

I feel awkward now. I remind him again that I'm taken. Then he immediately changes the subject and talks about the road trip. I can't get my mind off what I experienced the night before. He sort of notices when he asks me if I'm still with him in his conversation, which I wasn't able to hear well, because I sort of tuned him out.

The drive wasn't too long, well at least it didn't feel like it. The sun was already out. I got my phone from my bag at around 9 am and texted Harry.