Life's a bitch, then you die, then you sell your soul PART TWO

I walked into the AP Literature room seeing Lufian sitting in the back. I stared at him as i walked to my desk in the front. I sat and a frown was growing when I realized I wished I could sit behind him so I could stare at his back the whole class... Yes, I creep myself out sometimes. Mrs. Lewis, the teacher closed the door and began class.

"Last week we finished our work on the short story The Hanging Stranger by Philip K. Dick, and I want to know one thing you got from it before we move on to our next project, which is a much bigger one."

"I know." A boy on the lacrosse team with Lufian started talking. "Aliens are going to take over the world and brain wash us, and most likely kill us all." He laughed and I slightly turned back to look at him and some how ended up catching a glimpse of Lufian smiling at the boys response.

"Yes, that's the moral of the story. Next time you answer like that we'll find out that question together in this classroom during your lunch." The teacher threatened him with detention. "Now for our next project which we will work on for the rest of the first quarter is Greek Mythology." She smiled. "Can someone tell me one Olympian god or goddess name?" Students started raising their hands to be called on and she pointed.

"Zeus, I'm pretty sure he's the most popular known one." The student answered.

"Yes Zeus is defiantly one of them. I bet you're all wondering what this project is going to be, so I'll tell you. For the next four weeks during class your going to be paired up and given a god or goddess to do a research project on. Then you will come up and present your greek gods for the whole class to learn about, and you guys will have to write an essay, each." She smiled again. "So for today I'll partner you up, give you your gods, and you can spend the rest of the class getting to know each other, because we wont get the laptops till  Monday." Mrs. Lewis Sat down on the front of her desk holding a paper.

She started pairing up students and I started worrying. I wasn't friends with anyone, in this class and I much preferred to work alone no matter how big the project. It's sad that the only person I want to be with is Lufian. True I might just end up starring at him when he's not looking, getting no work done, and failing.... Please god I'm in love.

"Jake and Perry, Tamsin and.." This was it, I gulped with my fingers crossed."Lufian." I quickly uncrossed my fingers and my mouth opened. I closed my eyes and pressed my lips together then looked down at my lap. I regret my actions, please god take it back. What have I done? The teacher finished off pairing and I realized this was actual reality, and I am screwed. "Ok, find your partner and sit with them. I'll come around and give you your god to work on."

People started getting up and moving to each other, the girl who sat beside me left. I was still in shock and didn't even move. Unexpectedly the chair next to me pulled out and down sat Lufian. I couldn't even dare look towards him. He didn't even say a word to me. Everyone finished up sitting with their partners, and I still was staring down at the desk. The teacher began handing out information for the project. She put down a paper on the table in between Lufian and me. I moved my eyes towards the paper and saw written at the top our names and our greek gods name. Hades.

"That's it for today. So you can talk now just keep it at a good volume." People started immediately talking. I have no Idea how this is going to get done when I can't even look at him. He suddenly turned his back towards me and started talking to his friend at the next table, and that's what he did for the rest of the period, which I'm not to mad at since I at least got to stare at his back for a while. God I'm weird. Class had ended and I watched as Lufian left first. I went to the cafeteria, sat down at a table, and waited for Casey to come. Once he showed up and took a sit I started having a minor panic attack.

"Casey I'm screwed. I'm so screwed." I looked up at his face with a frown.

"Why? What happened?" He quickly responded.

"In AP Literature for our research project I got partnered up with Lufian.." I let out an exaggerated cry.

"Oh... It's fine, whats gonna happen? Him acting like you exist?" I looked up at him once again and gave him the evil eyes. "Don't hit me, I love you." He smiled.

"What am I going to do? I can't work with him, I can't even speak to him!"

"You can look at him." He joked again and I couldn't fight back the small grin that wanted to come forth. "You'll be fine. You always are, just do what you have to and it'll all be over with a snap of your fingers." He comforted me.

"You're right. I'm being a baby. There's no point in making this a big thing. No one really notices me anyway." We stopped talking for a few while Casey scrolled down on his Instagram. We never ate lunch in school. Not that its terrible, but we only have a period left then we could just go eat real food. But it's not terrible...

"Are we going to the cafe today after school? We're going to have plenty of time to kill. The party starts at nine, meaning we'll get there at ten." I gave him a confused face. "What? Who shows up to a party on time." He looked back at his phone.

"Sure. But are we really going to sit at the cafe for seven hours?" I shook my head.

"Obviously not. We'll go to the cafe get a bite, maybe go to the park for some fresh air then you can just sit at my place and help me get ready."

"Get ready? what, are you gonna do your makeup?" I laughed and he flicked my forehead.

"Shut up. Also whats under that sweater." He looked down at my chest.

"A spaghetti strap, why?"

"Good. You can just take the sweater off for the party."

"What!" Just that would make me feel naked.

"Wait a minute. Why are you wearing a sweater when its hot out?"

"Look, I just put on what saw first. I'm lazy I admit it." I shrugged my shoulders.

"Why can't you dress better? You have a great body and I can imagine the guys chasing after you if you made your self presentable."

"Yeah but they'd only chase after me for their liking of my body.." Casey put his elbow on the table an pointed at me.

"But they'd still be chasing you."

"I worry about you more than I worry about myself sometimes." We laughed and spent the rest of our lunch as we always do. Talking about random stuff and scrolling on our phones.

Finally the last class for the day. Oh how I hate school. I walked to sculpting class where I would once again see the twins and be able to secretly watch Lufian. In class we already started working on something. We each had to choose an animal to create a twelve inch sculpture out of clay. That I know of everybody chose a different animal, since not many had to choose. Their were only six people in the class, including me. Straight away I gathered my things and started to work. Of course the animal I chose was a rabbit, that I would mostly be painting white. One of the twins chose a bird and the other a snake. The two students I didn't know were creating an elephant and a cat. Lufian.. I think the animal he was sculpting was a dog. I'm pretty sure it is. During the period I actually paid more attention to my bunny then Lufian which low-key surprised me. The school day was about to end and my hands were covered in dry and wet clay. The mess that was made. I cleaned my area and myself and so did everyone else. We now sat waiting for the final bell to ring. I looked over to peek at Lufian who was leaning back in his chair with eyes closed, and head looking towards the ceiling. He sat between the twins who seemed to be telling him something he didn't want to hear. The bell rang and I still looked at him. He put his head down opening his eyes and made eye contact with me. Oh god.... I looked away, grabbed my stuff, and sped walked out the classroom. Its fine. Its totally fine. I hurriedly made my way to the parking lot to look for Caseys car. I found it I waited for him to come. Once he arrived we got into the car a pulled out of the school parking lot.