Sing to me: Chapter 7

So, one person, Solanova, pointed out that the pronounciation of Warda was not clear. I say that name nearly every day and I still can't put into words how to say it, so I found a link. :) 

http://hearnames.com/pronunciations/arabic-names/arabic-girl-names/warda-or-wardah-or-wordah.html 

Again, this is a story which is really close to my heart. All of it might not be true, but parts of it are painfully so. So again, I would love comments or any feedback. Thank you. 

Josh watched Warda sit at the diner’s table, she was laughing at something her friend was saying. It was almost midnight. At a whim, Josh had messaged her after getting out of the hospital and she had asked him to come to the diner.

He did not know why we was watching her and not going in there. But like always, he was too tired to think. Her hair was not straight today; it fell in unruly waves all over her shoulders. She was laughing but Josh could tell she was tired. Her eyes had a slight tightness around them and every now and then she would rub rest her cheek on her palm as if her head wouldn’t stay upright without support. Warda shrugged at something and Josh watched her shoulders rise and fall, smiling along with her for no reason. Her blonde haired friend, whose face he was yet to see continued talking.

Josh decided that he needed to go in at some point. Just as he opened the diner’s door, Warda glanced up and her face broke into one of those lovely smiles which set her entire face alight. He suddenly felt flattered, that smile was for him. He made his way over to them and Warda stood up to greet him.

“I am sorry I kept you waiting.” He said smiling at her, wondering if he should shake hands or hug her.  

“No worries, she had awesome company,” it wasn’t Warda who replied, it was her blonde haired friend. Now that Josh could see her face, he found himself extending his hand towards a sharp featured, blue eyed woman.

“I am Josh,” he said.

“Alice, I am the best friend.”

Josh smiled at that. Alice’s voice matched her face. She spoke an octave higher than everyone else. She was lovely Josh thought and looked like an exact opposite of Warda. Warda was dark haired, olive skinned with hazel eyes. Alice had light hair, blue eyes and pale skin.

Warda cut in at that point, “Have you eaten yet?”

“No, have you?”

Warda shook her head and Josh felt elated. The prospect of spending more time with her made him happy.

“Well I am going to leave now, don’t talk to strangers, drive carefully, and be safe.” Said Alice, keeping a straight face. Josh watched as a slight blush rose in Warda’s cheeks. Alice laughed, hugged her friend and left, waving at both of them.

“Don’t mind her, she is a livewire.”

Josh just smiled, “You look tired.”

“It was a long day, today was the deadline on a project and as much as I tried to do things on time, the last day is always a hectic one.”

Josh could almost feel the weariness coming off of Warda. He sat down across from her and watched as she crossed her arms on the table, resting her chin on them. Her eyes looked even bigger as she stared up at him. Josh resisted the urge to laugh. She looked like a small child.

“Hey how about I cook you dinner?” He said on an impulse.

“You cook?”

Josh placed a hand on his heart and feigned pain. “You doubt my culinary abilities?”