Chapter 44. "That's Favouritism"

Chapter 44.

Niall’s POV

I swore at Greg. I had every right to, Draco was no where within ear-shot and he had just jumped on top of me while I was asleep – the only people that could get away were Draco or Riley.

“What?” I growled throwing my arm over my eyes and squirming to get out from under his squishing weight.

“Nice ring your girlfriends got on” he laughed “Wonder where she got it”

I swore again.

“Oh come on Niall, I’m not stupid” Greg poked my side and I groaned again. It was too early to be dealing with this kind of attention from my brother; I hadn’t even had my tea yet.

“Talk later” I grumbled, still not moving “tea first”

“Tea is out with Riley and if you go out there, I’ll never get to talk to you alone” He whined “Wake up baby bro”

“No” I replied “Go away”

He paused “Riley made your favorite breakfast”

I pulled my arm from across my eyes and sat up, blinking as my eyes adjusted to the light in the room and the sight of Greg, cross-legged on my bed. “Food?” I asked, rubbing my tired eyes “Where?”

Greg rolled his eyes “Typical, you won’t get up for your brother but you’ll bolt up for a piece of cut up pig.” I nodded and he gave me a whack. “Prick” he mused, lips tilting sideways in a tight line.

“What do you want, before I decide to make the ‘cut of piece of pig’ my brother instead” I laughed, ruffling up my morning hair and blinking again.

“I noticed Riley’s ring” he grinned “You’re serious about this girl?”

“If I wasn’t, do you think I’d have brought her home?”

Greg’s smile only widened. “I’m the first one you call when you ask her okay? None of this Niam bullshit, you call me before anyone else, got it?” he said, poking me in the shoulder “Me”

“What are you talking about?” I chuckled “And Niam isn’t bullshit”

“Yeah whatever” Greg rolled his eyes “And I mean when you pop the question and let that bugger of a ring change hands”

“Whoa, whoa, whoa” I said, holding up my hand “Wait, what?”

Greg frowned “Isn’t that why you gave her the ring, like a pre-engagement?”

“No!” I squealed “I mean, yes but no- I-“Greg continued to frown and I growled, rubbing my hands over my face and shaking my head. “I’m not marrying Riley”

“Yet” clarified Greg

“Yet” I nodded “But I gave her the ring because I love her and I want her to know she has my heart”

“And so no other bastard even comes close to trying with her”

I frowned “That too”

“Aww, my baby brothers getting all possessive of his girlfriend, isn’t that cute” Greg reached out and pinched my cheeks and I swatted him away.

“Knock it off” I whined “I’m not possessive”

“You gave her a ring and you’re not even ready to marry her, I call that possessive”

“It’s not that kind of ring!”

“But it can be” Greg winked “Either way, when you pop the question, whenever that may be, I want the first call, maybe second or third depending if you have to call Mum and Dad first, but don’t you dare call Liam before me”