The Lake (Vauseman)

A/n

So I'm re watching oitnb and since Alex and Piper never went to the lake I'm going to write what I think would've happened if they went. The lake scene made all of the relationships just flourish and everyone had fun, no matter what race group they were or whatever. So yeah..
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Piper's POV

I'm sitting by Alex in the prison yard, my back rested up against the tree and her head on my lap. I'm reading a book as I play with her hair, once in a while kissing her forehead softly.

(They're kinda sitting like this)

I turn my page of my book as Alex hums the tune to Only You by Yaz. Suddenly all of the other inmates around us start yelling and running towards the gate. "What the fuck are they doing?" Alex says, now sitting up. My eyes scan the yard quickly as I see where all of the inmates are running to. The Fence. "Holy shit Al there's a hole in the fence.." I say, tapping her shoulder and starting to get up, my eyes never leaving the fence. "What?" she asks, now getting up as well. I point towards the fence and look at her. "Right there! That's the fence to the lake!" I say, grabbing her hand and pulling her towards the gate. "Come on Al, it'll be like a off brand beach in Tahiti!" I say, looking at her and giving her puppy eyes. "Finee" she chuckles, cracking a small smile as we run towards the gate to together.

Alex's POV

As we run towards the lake my hand is intertwined with Pipers, a huge smile displayed on her face. I know I have way more time on my sentence than she has but she needs this little taste of freedom, I know she does. We arrive at the lake and I look around, taking in the entire scene. Everyone is happy and laughing while they're playing in the water like we weren't even inmates..it felt like we were people. No gangs or groups, people having fun in a lake. Piper smiles and takes off her shoes quickly, falling onto her butt as she's trying to untie the laces. I slip off my prison boots and shirt, leaving me in my white undershirt and prison pants. Piper is still struggling in the sand and I laugh, crouching down and untying her laces for her. "Thanks" she smiles breathlessly as she strips off her shirt, tossing them with my shoes and shirt. "Now..race ya!" She giggles, sprinting towards the water. "Pipes that is so not fair!" I smile, running after her. She reaches the waterline and slows down her run, wading into waist deep water. I laugh as she slows down and tackle her into the shallow water, the cool relief engulfing my body. "Jesus Al!" She yells, laughing as we both come up, our clothes drenched. We both stand up, her still wrapped in my arms as people splash water all around us. Her smile fades softly as she look at me, running her hands through my now damp hair. Her arms wrap around my neck as she looks at my lips, kissing them gently. For a second..it felt like we were back ten years ago..we were free, traveling the world together. "I love you Al" she mumbles into the kiss, pulling back softly. "I love you too Pipes" I say, giving her one, two, three, more short kisses before pulling her back down into the water.

 "I love you too Pipes" I say, giving her one, two, three, more short kisses before pulling her back down into the water

Pipers POV

As Alex pulls me into the water, a feeling of pure joy overcomes me. It feels like we're free, just for a second it feels like we're living a normal life. We come up and float together on your backs, enjoying the water and sun. I look over at her and her hand grasps in mine, both of us smiling. "Al it feels like when we were in the pool.." I whisper softly, she nods her head and pulls our floating bodies closer to each other. "When we get out of here Pipes..I'm gonna take you around the world" she whispers, standing up in the waist deep water. I stand up with her and look at her confused, "What do you mean Al?" she looks at me confused. I laugh and pull her to the docs, sitting on the wood and patting the space besides me. She hoists herself out of the water and sits next to me. I grab her hand as she rests her forehead on my shoulder "I still have money selling drugs stored in bank accounts all across the world..I saved them so we could have a life together ten years ago" I say, my voice cracking slightly at the last line. Piper looks at me with a guilt laced in her expression. "Al look at me" She says, cupping my cheek and making me look at her. "I am never. I mean never. leaving you again. I was stupid and selfish back then I know, I know now that walking out that day was the worst decision of my life. I vow to you, Alex Pearl Vause, that I will never leave you..ever again." She says, my eyes filling with tears as I smile. "Piper, I want to start my life with you again after we get out of this shithole. We can buy a small apartment in New York together with the money I have stored all across the world." I whisper and she kisses me softly. "I would love that Al" She whispers into the kiss. These past ten years were just a small pause in our relationship, no matter what we always come back to each other.

"Why do you always feel so inevitable?"