My Best Friend's Brother

"Sup losers!" Maya greeted as she burst through the Matthews' front door. "Auggie." She nodded in his direction as she approached the dining table.

Cory and Auggie were sitting at the dining table eating Cheerios as Cory read the morning paper, while Topanga was preparing Auggie's peanut butter sandwiches for school.

"It's 7:40 and my day is already ruined." Cory sighs after he checks his watch then proceeds to eats his cereal.

"And it's still early!" Maya winked with a grin. Cory closed his eyes and mentally prayed that today went smoothly as the school inspectors were coming in.

Maya strutted towards Riley's bedroom with a smile on her face, hoping she'd run into Riley's brother on her way.

And just as she hoped, the brown bathroom door opened and the steam from the hot shower spilled out into the corridor, a fully clothed Lucas walked out of the bathroom with a towel in his hand, rubbing it over his soaking wet hair.

Maya had stopped in her tracks and mentally drooled over him. He was effortlessly gorgeous and the fact that he was Riley's brother, just made him that much more intreging.

"Oh, good morning Maya." He smiled, flashing his pearly white teeth.

She snapped out of her gaze before answering back, "Ranger Rick... Is that a new top?" She asked, not being able to think of anything else to say.

"As a matter of fact it is. You noticed?" He asked, looking down at his top then looking back at Maya curiously.

"I notice everything." She answered and he furrowed his eyebrows. "I mean I'm just very observant." She quickly recovered, saving herself from anymore embarrassment.

"Right." He laughed lightly and made his way back to his room.

That was Lucas Matthews, he was Riley's older brother by 2 years. Ever since Maya was old enough to know what a crush was, she fell head over heals for him. But as cool as she is, she never showed it, instead she teases him and calls him nicknames, that was her way of saying that she liked him without actually saying it.

Riley, Maya and Lucas all attended NYU, yes! Can you believe it, Maya actually got in! All those times she pretended not to be smart and never paid attention, turns out she was putting in the work behind closed doors. Lucas always knew she was smart, he'd catch her out a few times when the three of them and Farkle had their study sessions.

Maya was studying Visual and Performing Arts, Riley was studying Biological and Biomedical Science as did Farkle (they were lab partners), and Lucas was studying Recreation and Fitness Studies. Every Thursday they would have a study session that resulted in 10% studying, 70% messing around and another 20% eating. It was very productive.

Maya snapped out of drooling over Lucas when he closed his bedroom door. And with that she continued her walk to Riley's room.

"Good morning, Maya! I thought I heard you." Riley greeted with a smile. Her goofy self, twirled around her bedroom, setting clothes on her bed which earned a confused look from Maya.

"Why are you so cheery? I mean more than usual." She asked, walking over to the bed and observing the outfit. It was a purple sequin dress with a black mini purse.

"Oh my goodness, I have to catch you up on what happened at the library yesterday!" Riley exclaimed excitedly and rushed Maya onto the bed, careful not to sit on the clothes.
"After you left, Farkle and I were alone and we went to go search for a book for our assignment and he just kisses me!" She said with excitement.