5.

" So you wanted to know about basically the gang? " Mason questioned as he sat across from me in a small ice cream shop. He insisted that since he was giving me knowledge, I should buy him ice cream after school.

So worth it.

" You have a gang? " I asked genuinely confused. " Whose in it? Can I join? Do you guys take girls? " I paused. " I could be like, a tease. Maybe bait? "

Mason stared at me before laughing. " Dylan you're hilarious. But no, I mean like Fae, Ariel, Aiden, Asher, and then there's Destiny, Connor and Giovanni but you haven't met them just yet. "

" Are you going to tell me about them or just give me their names? "

Mason smiled at me. " No, you don't deserve this. I'm your best friend, you are my peasant. "

I ran a hand through my hair. " You're not my best friend. " I said just as my phone beeped.

PapiT: where are u

PapiT: as your single hot parent its my duty to make sure you're safe at all times

I snicked. He said duty.

Me: ice cream parlor

PapiT: parlor? 

Me: are you lonely

Me: is that why ur texting me

Me: needy ass bitch

PapiT: i should ground u

Papi T: but i won't so come home

Me: k

I slid my phone back into my pocket and looked at Mason with sad smile on my face. " I have to go home, my parent needs me. "

" Parents. " Mason said as we both got up out of the booth.

" Huh? "

" You said parent. I said parents. "

I shrugged my shoulders and waved to him before heading home.

-

" I miss us, Dyl. " my dad said later that night. I looked up from my zitti and stared at him questioningly.

" We use to be so close in New York. You were my best friend. "

I touched my heart. " You touched me right here. " I giggled. " No but seriously dad, commitment issues much? I mean, I'm always going to be your best friend. "

" Really? " he whispered holding up his pinky. I nodded and wrapped my own around his. I walked around the table and brought him in for a hug.

" You grew up too fast. "

" Maybe. "

" I love you Dylan Jerome. "

" I love you too, dad. "

THIRD PERSON POINT OF VIEW.

I EFFING REPEAT, THIRD PERSON POINT OF VIEW.

Mason entered his house expecting to find it empty as always, but really found all his friends lazing around.

You had Ariel and Aiden dancing on the kitchen counter, Destiny and Asher playing video games, and the rest of them were just slouched around on the couch.

" I hope I'm not interrupting anything. " Mason spoke slamming his house door shut gaining everyone's attention.

Fae smiled. " Good you're here, let's all go to the basement at form a circle. We have a lot to discuss. "

Giovanni cursed under his breath and followed everyone downstairs. He loved Fae, he really did. She was fucked up. She loved other people's pain. She enjoyed hurting other people's feelings. That just how she dealt with stuff from the neglect she got from her mom.

Honestly, the only people Fae cared about was her group of friends and her family.

" Can you make this quick? " Connor snapped and Ariel chuckled leaning against her best friend.

" Last year, we had Giovanni fall in love with his girl friend Destiny. It was a game, obviously. You guys know the game, us girls pick a boy and a girl and the boy goes up to the girl like ' I want you ' and its up to the boy to make the girl fall in love with him. "

"You're such a weirdo." Aiden mumbled not looking up from her phone.

" And the year before that. " Fae continued. " We had my dear cousin Asher, play the game with Ebony. That didn't work out too well. "

Asher's glare hardened on Fae. " We are not cousins. "

Destiny chuckled, she found Asher and Fae's relationship so funny. At one point, they did hook up. That was no secret. It also wasn't a secret that they were suppose to be long distant cousins or some shit like that.

" This year, we picked Asher again. But guess what lover boy? " Fae asked inching closer to him.

"What?"

"Under no circumstances may you fall in love with Dylan Jerome."

Ariel stood up and hooted. "May the games begin!"

"This ought to be good," Mason muttered.