Chapter 37

Blake's pov

Kyle pulled away from me after what felt like forever. Tears where streaming down my face as he finished his operation on my eye. It hurt like hell as he cut into it,but the good news was that I could see again. It was still slightly blurry but it was an improvement.

"Well, that's still slightly disconcerting but it's better." Kyle said.

He put his instruments back on the tray. He looked at me for a second with his head cocked sideways.

"I'll give you thirty seconds with your shifts to heal that eye. I want to know it its original color with return after healing." He pulled the remote from his pocket and pressed the button.

"Blake! I'm sorry about my attitude last time. I was so focused on my fight with that stupid demon I didn't notice you where there." Rex apologized.

"Tch! It was all your fault stupid mutt." Shadow piped up.

My eye was burning as they resumed their arguing. Tears where welling up and flowing out of my eye uncontrollably.

"Shut up! I forgive you both so shut up already!" I shouted, the pain making me on edge.

"He's right. You both acting like children. Shadow, you need to apologize then get over what ever this is." Dirk stated.

"...Sorry." Shadow caved after a short silence.

The pain subsided just then and Kyle cut me off again from my shifts. He approached me, examining my now fixed eye. My vision in it had cleared up, but he still shook his head.

"What a shame. Guess it's going to stay grey forever. Green and light grey is a weird mix if you ask me." Kyle said.

Good thing I hadn't asked him I thought. I rolled my eyes to show my annoyance at his constant comments, but he just chuckled and shrugged it off. His phone rung, signaling he had received a text. He read it over quickly before sighing and stuffing it back in his pocket.

"Well! Guess it's your lucky day today. I'm needed in the lab to supervise some tests. Looks like it will take the rest of the day. Someone will come by to change your IV bag tonight."

He walked out of the room. I almost suspected Caleb to be behind the text and appear at the door any second, but nothing happened. The silence soon became unbearable. Being unable to move for so long was giving me the jitters. I decided to try and see if the thing on my head had really been fixed by attempting to contact my shifts.

I focused on Dirk first since he seemed to be the strongest of my shifts. I tried to call him forward, picturing him in my mind. A jolt of electricity ran through me almost immediately, breaking my concentration. I let the pain dull before taking a deep breath. Maybe I could overload the thing and break it, then I could make an escape with my shifts powers.

I concentrated again all of them this time. Hoping together we could make it. The shock of electricity started up again, but I didn't give up this time. I called out to them even harder. The electric current got stronger and stronger the longer I tried to get through it. I clenched my teeth and dug my nails into my palms. I kept going until spots started dancing in my vision.

My body kept twitching awkwardly for a few minutes after I had stopped. I waited for it to pass before opening my eyes again. I didn't know what to do anymore. I couldn't move, I couldn't contact my shifts and I couldn't even speak.

Time passed by very slowly after that. It felt like days had gone by before the woman from last time walked in with yet another IV bag in her hands. She switched the bags in a rush, not uttering a single word this time around. She rushed back out keeping her head down. The drugs kicked in not long after, allowing me to drift off into a peaceful sleep.

All too soon, I was rudely awakened from dreams of my mates. My head exploded in pain. I pried my eyes open against the lingering effects of the drugs to find myself lying on the ground face up surrounded by four blurry figures. I could faintly hear an alarm through the buzzing in my ears and the room was flashing with red light.

A hand waved in front of my face but I was too out of it to answer. I was hoisted up to my feet, my arm swung around someones shoulders as they supported my weight. I was practically dragged towards the door, I tried to pull away, to tell them what the device on my head was going to do if I tried to leave the room, but all that was coming out of my mouth was a jumbled mess.

The door was opened for us and I was pulled out. Instantly, the electricity coursed through me and even affected the person supporting me. They dropped me like a sack of rocks, jumping away from me. Luckily, I fell backwards into the room, meaning that the device deactivated. There was a sudden burst of shouting that I could not make out before someone launched themselves at me, placing something cold and metallic over the device. It made a beeping sound just as the person was yanked off of me and thrown across the hall, colliding with the wall then slumping to the ground unmoving.

The device tightened slightly before the spikes on the band around my head retracted out of my skin. I growled in pain when the frontal one slowly slid out of my skull. It fell off of me, the wounds closing quickly. Then, the voices of my shifts filled my head once again.

"Mates!" They shouted in chorus.

By now, adrenaline was pumping through my veins and the effects of he drugs had dissipated. I sat up. There, standing in front of me with worried expressions where both Seth and Tyler.