Chapter 11

It's only a few hours later that a security team finally showed up to get Kyle out of my cell, I was sitting with my back against the side of the bed keeping a close eye on the man while he tried to merge his body with the door to escape me.

"Finally!" Kyle shouted when he saw the guards arriving with their guns and bullet proof shields.

"Your still alive? I thought for sure we would be picking up a body." The same soldier as before said.

"Look, I know you have always hated me brother but this is going too far! I seriously could have died this time." Kyle shouted.

"Yeah, so?" The soldier replied.

"Fuck you John!" Kyle shouted.

"Right back at you Kyle." John answered.

Another soldier stepped forward with a ring of keys in his hands. The team of guards got into position around the door, aiming there guns and raising there shields. He unlocked the door using a mechanism on the wall next to it and Kyle ran out like the devil was on his tail. I snickered at there ridiculous behaviour. My hands where tied behind my back, my powers where useless as well as my shifts and they where still this afraid of me? Cowards.

Two of the soldiers stepped aside to let Kyle out of their protective circle and he was replaced by a man in a suit holding a small metal object that he was throwing up in the air and catching again.

He stepped into my cell, followed by three soldiers. I frowned and glared at them sitting up straighter to use the bed as support to get to my feet. The man in suit nodded at the soldiers. One quickly grabbed my ankles and pulled them from beneath me, sending me crashing to the ground again before he dragged me away from the bed. The other soldier put his hands on my shoulders, holding me to the ground while the third just stood there, pointing his gun at me.

"This might hurt a little... a lot." The man in a suit said.

I thrashed around, trying to knock the two soldiers off of me but they stayed solid. My wings subconsciously unfolded against the ground the try and give me some kind of leverage but all it did was prompt the man to step on the one near him, pinning it down as the third soldier moved to do the same with my other wing, never taking his gun off of me.

"What have we here? You have wings?" The man asked.

"Guess we still have a lot of things to learn about you." He continued when I didn't answer.

"Now be a good boy and stay still while I put this on you." He added, placing more of his weight on my wing and leaning forward.

I grunted and turned my head away from him as he was moving the object towards it. He griped my chin to hold my head straight, putting all his weight on my wing in the process and causing a loud cracking noise to echo in the room.

I cried out in pain, my back arching off the ground and tears springing to my eyes that I refused to let out. The man took that moment of distraction to his advantage to place the cold metal against my skin, right in the center of my forehead.

The almond shaped piece of metal started heating up, burning into my skin as the sound of sizzling flesh filled the room. I faught ever harder against the soldiers when something started drilling into my skull right were the object was. I screamed and blood trailed down my forehead but I was too blinded by pain to care as some of it dripped into my eyes. There was one last intense flash of pain, my entire body seizing up and going stiff before it finally stopped.

Just as I thought it was finally over, two bands of metal stretched out away from the original piece and wrapped around my head, more smaller spikes of metal digging into my skull at short distances interval all the way around.

I was too tired to move anymore when it finally ended for good this time. The soldiers released me and they finally stepped off of my wings. The broken one just lay there limply as the other curled back up under me.

I was shoved onto my back, the handcuffs removed and I just lay there, watching the boots walk out of my cell. The door slide shut behind them and I caught a glimpse of Kyle's pitying eyes before I turned my head away.

I listened to them walk away down the hall, finally leaving me alone. My head was throbbing in pain, keeping me from falling asleep right then and there despite the fact that I was extremely exhausted and I knew my mind and body needed the rest.

A short while later, someone came walking down the hall again. I didn't bother looking to see who it was when they stopped in front of my cell. There was a swooshing sound and then the sound of something being slid into my cell before the footsteps hurried away again.

I turned my head towards the noise and there was a tray on the floor with a bowl, a bottle of water and a sandwich on it. My stomach started grumbling the more I looked at it so I mustered as much energy as I could to drag my tired body to the tray. I made quick work of the stale sandwich, cold soup and room temperature water before letting myself fall back onto my back to stare up at the sealing.

The pain started fading away and I became aware of the fact that they had drugged my food. I wanted to be mad and regret eating it but the relief was bliss and with it came the peaceful darkness of sleep to which I gratefully gave in without a moments hesitation or second thought.