Chapter 21

*Ashton's P.O.V*

"Come here!" I heard Luke yell from behind me, as he chased me crazily around the house to tie a bandana over my eyes.

He finally stopped, so I paused to catch my breath and turned around to see him pouting like a child who had been denied chocolate or sweets. I couldn't help but laugh, he looked so adorable and cuddly.

Luke stretched out his hand for me to take, and being the nice person I am, I gave in and took it. He lead me carefully to the door before tying the bandana around my face so that it was completely blocking out my sight.

"You ready?" He asked me, placing a quick kiss on my cheek before opening the door.

"I was born ready."

I could sense him nod and grin, then help me towards the taxi and then through the car door. Luke climbed in he other side, and covered my ears with his hands, so he could tell the driver where we were going without ruining the surprise.

"Luke, I don't get why you couldn't have just put you hands over my eyes when we were almost there, rather than a bandana for the entire journey. It's kinda uncomfortable."

He chuckled. "Sorry Ash, but I promise it will be worth it."

I didn't dare question that, I was very sure it would be worth it. The two of us sat side by side, our hands on top of each others in the middle, in silence. I guess we both had a lot to think about. But I decided not to think about what I should have, it would only upset me more, so I focused my mind yet again on Luke.

It's crazy to think how much he had changed, he seemed to finally be himself again. The happy, quirky him that I had first fallen in love with. But last week he was so quiet and conceited, the boy who sat alone and ignored anyone who tried to talk to him. Nobody knew who he was anymore, his true self hidden beneath thick layers of dark secrets and fear of judgement. What had happened? It was as if we were meant to paired together in class, like I was the one person who could bring back the real Luke Hemmings.

Perhaps that was the reason, perhaps it was a complete coincidence. But either way, it was definitely for the better. Despite everything that our attempts to be together had caused, we weren't going to ever stop trying. That's how it works when you're in love right?

Because love is another promise, when you break the promise you break everything you once believed in and your walls begin to slowly crumble around you. I did fear that inevitable tragic end of us, who wouldn't, but I'd been broken before and I had learnt to embrace my true strength. Not that I thought Luke would leave me, of course.

I suddenly felt a brush of cold air in my face so I pulled my head back slightly and glanced over in the rough direction I knew that Luke was. "Dude did you just wave your hand in front of my eyes?!"

"Maybe," he replied quietly. "I was just checking if you could see through the material," he shrugged.

"No, I can't see through the material."

He remained silent, and I could almost picture his reaction in my head, him opening his mouth as if about to say something, but then deciding against it and closing his mouth again. I smirked at his speechlessness, it was nothing to be especially proud of, but bit by but I felt as though I was finally piecing him back together.

"Luuuuuke are we nearly there yet?" I whined, and I just caught him murmur a small 'yes.'

Just minutes later, I felt the taxi come to a gradual stop outside the place that I would be spending the night with my boyfriend.

Boyfriend. Still seemed so weird.

"Don't move," Luke told me, "I'm gonna pay the driver and come round to help you out so you don't see anything, promise?"