CH. 21

Kylie Jones

Noah had woken me up in the middle of the night with the news about Damon's presumed miscarried baby with the redhead Irish sister.

I was shocked to say the least, still feeling the stretching pain on my hands. Damon has stayed the night and to be honest, it felt kind of nice.

My body relaxed in close proximity to his, his warmth soothing my mind immensely.

After my little rage fest last night, my body felt rough. It was a good kind of pain though. The strain I had put myself through, probably for hours was giving me a different kind of soothing.

The monster was sated with its joy trip, and I felt more in tune with myself than I had felt in years.

"What do you mean you know?"

Right! I forgot we were still chilling in bed.

"Noah called me last night"

"So you knew I was here?"

"Yeah. Kinda hard to miss"

Damon shook his head at me. Silence surrounded us but it was comfortable. The familiarity of our behavior was scaring me some.

I had worked hard trying to push people away from me, mostly to keep them safe. The more I pushed Damon, the tighter he stuck.

My usual techniques wouldn't work with him at all. I had early on decided that I would keep Damon at arms length and I needed to keep him at that length until I figured out who Tatt was working with.

There was no way stupid as fuck Tatt could be orchestrating the stealthy mission of taking me without anyone noticing.

Tatt was an amazing artist, but he was neither smart or careful. He was an means to and end, not a mastermind.

"Does Tatt still work at the shop?"

"Yeah! Why? You out to get your old job back?"

"Something like that"

The joy in Damon's voice had me skeptical. He probably thought I was willing to return to my old life. That wasn't the case at all.

Thinking about my previous life had me feeling claustrophobic. The lack of freedom, forced loyalty to the MC, having Damon close every second of the day.

Nah! That wasn't me anymore. I genuinely enjoyed traveling, even though it came hand in hand with some blood, gore and death.

"What happened after I left Damon?"

Damon let out a tired sigh. It was clear that he really didn't want to talk about this matter. I'm sure the whole thing had been weighing on them, but I needed to know.

"The entire club changed. Robert went on a bender, loosing his empathy. Axe disappeared months at a time, rarely talking to anyone. The mood around here dropped immensely. The boys didn't mess around, no smiles, no laughter. It took us years to bounce back"