CH. 5

Third Person Point of View

The tension in the room could have been cut by a knife. Preferably Kylies flying knife. Kylie and Robert sat silent in their chairs, having a private stare down. Kylie was unrelenting.

There was no way in hell her father would punish her former bodyguard and his best friend. Deadshot had saved her life several times, and it was time to reciprocate the favor.

"You have no fucking reason to take your anger out on Tyler. He saved my life!" Kylie sternly said.

Deadshot looked puzzled at her reasoning. He hadn't thought that the little girl he defended so long ago would stand up to her father for him.

"What do you mean?" Damon entered the conversation again, calmer than Robert.

"The Russians put me through some shit, without Tyler's lessons I would have died!" Kylie explained.

"After I killed Anatoly I traveled for a bit, that's when I met these puppies!" Kylie gestured to Dominic and Giovanni. Both of them pouted at her, making her chuckle.

The bikers sat gob smacked at her explanation of the last ten years. Kylie never went into details about her past. Something's were better left alone. 

Robert and Damon struggled to gather their thoughts. None of them could have guessed the outcome of this conversation, and Kylies uncaring explanation didn't help on the matter.

Kylie stood up and left the boys to themselves. She needed something strong, and she needed it now. Gio, Alex and Dominic kept their eyes on the bikers, more on Robert and Damon than the others. 

They couldn't phantom the lack of support and doubt they had in her abilities. They had never known Kylie to be anything other than strong.

Kylie had a difficult past, which made her ice cold. There was no trouble for her making hard decisions, her analytical mind was one of a kind and had saved them more than once.

"You know Robert, she has been through hell and back. I wouldn't doubt her if I were you. She has a habit of killing anyone who looks at her the wrong way." Alex explained.

"You don't want her as an enemy. She will destroy you before you know what's happening!" Giovanni added.

The three of them left the room searching for the bar. There were no doubt Kylie was drowning her memories in alcohol. It was the downside of her earlier experiences. She wouldn't be able to sleep without it.

The meeting room was quiet as Kylie and her puppies left. Robert and Damon kept their eyes on the table. A feeling of guilt and shame floating around. 

Damon had always known that Kylie was a strong woman, and he felt foolish for not believing her. He knew Robert always viewed her as fragile and he had been set up for the shock of his life.

"Do you really believe what they were saying?" Robert carefully asked his brothers. Deep down he knew what Anatoly was capable of, but he couldn't phantom the strength of his baby girl.

"I do!" Deadshot and Damon replied at the same time.

The room went quiet again as they waited for Robert's decision. The rules denied them from walking away like Kylie had done, and she knew that. 

Kylie was already pushing limits, and Robert didn't know whether to be angry or proud. Kylie had grown up to be a spitting image of her mother.

"Fine! Let's go out and celebrate our princess. I guess we have some apologies to deliver." Robert ended the meeting and they left in the direction of the bar.