Since You Been Gone: Chapter 14

*I'm going to be fastforwarding quite a bit so that I can get to my twist and drama, stay tuned!*

It's been a week since Destiny was born. Everyday with her is amazing. Her parents love her and everyone adored her. Dawn was in the kitchen when Que came home.

"Hey baby," Que said.

He gave Dawn a kiss on the lips and began to play with Destiny, on the counter. He took her out of her bouncer and walked around with her.

"Ohh my baby smells good" Que said, sniffing Destiny

"You are so silly!" Dawn said smiling.

Everyday she sees Que with Destiny her heart melts. Que loves Destiny like he loves her.

"Baby, do you want something to eat? Dawn asked

"Don't worry about me, I'll fix myself something."

Destiny began to fuss and Que took care of her. Dawn lay on the couch and closed her eyes. Que smiled and fed Destiny and took care of her, while Dawn slept...

Dawn woke up suddenly with bullets of sweat trickling from her forehead. The darkness that surrounded her scared her. How could she have fallen asleep!

"Que!" she yelled. She jumped up from the bed and ran down the hallway to the guest bedroom they had converted into Destiny's room. Que was holding Destiny in his arms rocking her to sleep and silently motioning for Dawn to be quiet because Destiny was almost asleep. Dawn couldn't help but melt from the sight of Que cradling Destiny in his arms; it was obvious he was going to protect Destiny just like he continued to protect her.

The fear of something happening to Destiny always haunted Dawn now that Destiny was in her life. But just as soon as the thoughts would overcome her she would be comforted by Que taking the initiative to feed Destiny a bottle or singing her a silly lullaby that made her smile a little for the first time.

By now Dawn had made it to the kitchen and was sitting at the table drinking a glass of orange juice and letting her thoughts consume her completely. Que snuck up behind her and kissed her neck, pulling her up from the table and whispering in her ear, "I love you so much, baby."

Dawn melted at those words and looked down at her finger; she hadn't worn her engagement since around three months after Aubrey had lost her baby, not because she felt no loyalty to Que, but because her fingers had begun to swell. (At least that was the explanation she told herself in her head.)

"I love you too, Poppa." Dawn said turning to kiss him now that he had wrapped his arms around her waist. They kissed for what seemed like an eternity and they found themselves peeling clothes off of each other until Que broke away from their passion. He reached in his pocket and pulled her wedding ring out of her pocket. He took her hand as Dawn looked at Que in awe. He took the ring and slid it on her finger, not discouraged at the fact Dawn hadn't put it on herself now that Destiny was born.

"I don't want to play games anymore Dawn, with my daughter here now I realized this is where I want to be. I realized it before , but just being in that delivery room with you and watching you as you gave birth...depending on me...I just..."

"Que....."

"No baby let me finish. I want to make you my wife and I want Destiny to always have me in her life. All this s*** that happened these past nine months have given me hell. No one is worth tearing us apart or losing our relationship for. And that the drama with Aubrey has been complicated but I am appreciative for it because it made me realize how much I love you and want to be with you. You have been here for me, through it all and I love you so much, please baby, I want to marry you on our anniversary. It's time for us to make this family official."