Since You Been Gone: Chapter 1

This is the first story I've ever written so give me a chance please :) I'm quite young so it may not be perfect... Here's the first chapter, short, but the rest will be longer!*

Chapter 1

"See ya'll tomorrow" Dawn said as she left the studio early she was having morning sickness and decided to go home early to rest. She looked down at her Blackberry.

"Hmmm that's weird," she thought to herself, no missed calls usually by this time there would be 10 missed calls and 10 voicemails from her fiance Que telling her how much he misses her and loves her. Just the thought of Que made her legs quiver Dawn never thought she would love somebody unconditionally like she did Que they were getting married in a couple of months and she couldn't be happier. She got into her Mercedes SL500 and headed home she could hardly drive she was so dizzy. She rubbed her stomach and smiled thinking about the way Que reacted when he found out she was 3 weeks pregnant. As she approached the house a weird feeling had come over her but she brushed it off. As she put the key in the door she noticed the second lock was on. She opened the door and threw her keys on the table

"I'm home babe!" she couldn't wait to tell him the news. She rushed up the stairs but stopped outside the door when she heard moans on the other side of the door she swung the door open with rage and Que jumped off the bed naked and proceeded to calm Dawn.

"Babe...lemme explain!"

 When the girl jumped out of bed she damn near fainted it was her close friend Aubrey. Tears ran down her cheeks she managed to mumble the words

"You trifling ass bitch," as she sprinted full speed at Aubrey...

She swung left and right completely forgetting the fact that she was carrying her fiancés unborn seed. The crimson satin sheets covering Aubrey's perfectly fit body were ripped away landing on the elegant French limestone tiles as Dawn continuously swung. Que positioned his indelicate hands around Dawn's milk chocolate biceps attempting to pull her away, but only ended up being hit and pushed away. Shortly after Dawn abruptly stopped with her right hand in mid air realizing herself that she was carrying an innocent human being that did not deserve to be harmed in any way due to its father's dim actions. She quietly lifted herself off Aubrey, climbed off the bed, and faced Que.

"How could you?" The question lingered while the hurt he caused her became evident in her brown orbs as tears began to well up. The blood, sweat, and tears they had put into their relationship had gone down the drain. Que's 6'0" frame towered over her 5'6" frame as all he could do was glance at her. The words he had concocted had disappeared. Knowing there was no use to explain the situation he stayed silent and waited her next move. With nothing left to say to either of them she turned her back and walked out of the bedroom that she once shared with the man she once loved. Sure, it hurt her more than losing her home to Hurricane Katrina, but she was a strong independent woman and knew she would overcome this as she did losing her home.

Nowadays the only person she could truly count on that could help her overcome the situation besides her mother was her best friend Aundrea. Dawn climbed into her Neon and sat there for a few minutes as she let her tears escape and fall over her silky milk chocolate skin. Meanwhile, Que sat on the edge of the bed elbows propped up on his knees and his head buried in his palms not knowing how he let it get this far. Deeply sighing he got up, ran his hands over his face, and walked out exiting the bedroom leaving Aubrey. He descended the staircase into the living room and making his way past the kitchen, into the dark hallway and into the guest bathroom to shower. The love and trust he worked hard for had simply disappeared in a matter of seconds due to his brainless actions.

This was sure to be something he would regret for the rest of his life if he were to never lay his brown orbs on the woman he loved more that the woman who brought him into this world. Dawn slipped the silver metal key into the ignition and turned her car on. She put it in gear, stepped on the gas pedal, and drove off toward Aundrea's house. While driving she slipped her white iPod out of the dock and into her hands to search for a song. Searching her long list of music she stumbled upon Beyonce's "Resentment". She hit the play button, set her iPod back on her dock, and listened to the soft guitar strum through the speakers of her car. Minutes later, she pulled up into Aundrea's driveway, parked, turned the ignition off, pulled the key out, pushed her car door open, and got out.

Trying to collect her thoughts, she slammed her car door shut and preceded toward the main entrance. Ringing the doorbell once, she looked around while patiently waiting for her best friend to open up. The heavy cherry door swung open revealing a 5'0" foot female with an olive skin tone, beautiful long black hair, and gorgeous dough orbs standing on the other end. The potholes she called dimpled formed in her cheeks as a smile from ear to ear surfaced. "Dawny Pooh!" Dawn engulfed her in a hug before they both released each other.