Since You Been Gone: Chapter 11

*A big thank you to those who comment and vote, as I said, it inspires me to write more :D*

Robert's cell phone started ringing and 5 seconds later Drea's phone started to ring also. They both got up, Robert turned on the light and they both answered their phones.

"Robert, you and Drea get to the hospital, Aubrey needs surgery. The doctor said her blood pressure isn't going down and so they have to deliver the baby." D.Woods said, talking really fast.

"Okay, we'll be there in 5 minutes" Robert said, hanging up the phone. Robert got up off the bed and looked at Aundrea.

"We need to go," Aundrea said quickly. Robert nodded his head; they got freshened up and headed outside. They got into Robert's car and headed to the hospital. In 5 minutes they arrived at the hospital and ran to the waiting room. Everyone was there including Dawn.

"What's going on?" Aundrea asked, with panic in her voice.

"She's having surgery now; they said they can't save the baby." Donnie said, as tears came down his face.

"This can't be happening" Dawn said.

Dawn felt so sorry for Aubrey; she would never wish this pain on her worst enemy. Dawn had tears in her eyes, it's never right when someone loses there child, no matter how old the child is. Everyone chilled in the room for another hour, before the doctor came in.

"Any one here for Aubrey O'Day?" The doctor announced.

"Yeah," Everyone said at once.

"Is she okay?" Donnie asked.

"Yeah, the surgery was completed" The doctor said.

Everyone breathed a sigh of relief. Everyone's prayers were answered. Dawn sat in the corner, thinking about the friendship that she and Aubrey shared. Even though Aubrey hurt her, she knew it wasn't her intention. Dawn will have to learn to forgive her, but that doesn't mean she'll forget...

After about an hour the doctor returned to the waiting room to say that Aubrey was waking up. He informed the group that only one person could go see her because she was still pretty weak.

"I'll go" Dawn immediately offered. Although some of the others were surprised, no one fought it, not even Donnie who was just relieved to hear Aubrey's surgery went OK - he couldn't imagine losing her too. Dawn figured she would go talk to Aubrey - she couldn't image losing the baby she was carrying, and since she was the only pregnant one in the group, thought she could relate the most to Aubrey and comfort her. When Dawn walked into the room Aubrey was awake, but very drowsy.

"Hey girl, how are you feeling?" Dawn whispered.

"It's all my fault. All my fault. My Fault." Aubrey repeated as tears fell down her eyes.

"Honey," Dawn said coming closer "this is not your fault. There is nothing you could have done to avoid this..."

"Y-yes there is! IT'S ALL MY FAULT!!" Aubrey began to scream as the machine recording her BP started to race. A nurse came running in and asked Dawn to leave because Aubrey was getting too emotional - she needed to rest for the rest of the day. Dawn came back out to the waiting room and told everyone what happened.

"It must be the medication talking" Shannon said. "It sometimes screws with you, especially after being sedated."

"I need to go talk a walk" Aundrea announced.

"I'll go with you" Robert said quickly jumping out of his chair.

"I just need to be alone for a few. I'll have my cell phone on me if anything happens so just call me when Aubrey wakes up. I think I'm just going to walk on the nature trail out back..." Drea said as she walked out of the room. Robert was about to go after her but Shannon stopped him saying,

"Let her go. She has been through a lot and just needs some her time."

"What happened to her" Dawn questioned as the rest of the group looked on because Shannon and Robert were the only ones that knew about the situation with Rudy. Shannon filled them in on the happenings of the day before and then Robert filled them in on what happened early that morning.

"So that's why she is wearing sunglasses inside" Mike said.

"Her eye is nothing... you should check out her ribs... she has this HUGE bruise going from here to here" Robert said pointing under his armpit and then to his hip bone."

"She didn't tell me about that!" Shannon squeaked.

"Well she didn't tell me either, I just saw it by mistake, and I didn't push the subject so I don't know how it happened, but I'm assuming he punched her, she fell to the ground, and then he kicked her" Robert explained.

D woods whispered. "At least they are done, and she won't have to see him again."

After a while Aubrey was allowed to have another visitor. This time Shannon went in.

"Hey baby girl, how ya doing?"

"Shannon... this is all my fault" Aubrey said fighting back tears.

"Stop saying that, no its not" Shannon said in a caring voice while holding Aubrey's hand.

"Shannon, I have to tell you something."

"You can tell me anything, you know that, I'm always here for you."

"I messed this up to start with. Sleeping with Que, not knowing who the father of my baby is... was..., I know it wasn't Que now, and now I killed my baby. You know this baby came into this world in a bad way, but Shan, I really was excited. I felt like I was going to finally have someone to love and have someone that would love me unconditionally. But then..." Aubrey began to cry.

Shannon handed her a tissue but didn't push Aubrey to tell her big secret. After a short break full of tears, Aubrey continued.

"The doctors didn't say anything, because I asked them not to. Yesterday afternoon I just started to get really depressed thinking about all the things that have gone wrong in my life recently, and then I decided to have a drink to take the edge off. Really I was only going to have one, just one, I know it's bad for the baby, but I thought one wouldn't hurt. But that one turned into a lot more and the next thing I know my stomach started to cramp and I was in so much pain that I called 911..." Aubrey couldn't talk anymore. She was shaking and crying.

Shannon laid down next to Aubrey in the hospital bed and laid there until Aubrey fell asleep. She decided she wasn't going to tell the gang, she would let Aubrey tell them when Aubrey saw fit.

As she walked back into the waiting room Shannon told everyone a brief synopsis of what happened.

"She is doing a lot better, but I laid with her until she fell asleep. I think it's OK if we all go home now. I told the doctor to make sure to call me if anything happens, I will call the rest of you."

As everyone began to gather their things and start to head home Robert remembered Aundrea was still on her walk "Wait guys... where is Drea?"

"Oh gosh darnit I totally forgot about her" Shannon said.

"Let me call her" D said swiftly pulling out her phone and ringing Drea's number.

"Hmm... she is not picking up its just rin... oh I got her voicemail --- Hey girl where are ya? We are all about to go... Call us back quick"

"She probably has her phone on silent, we can just go find her, she said she was on that nature trail right?" Robert said quickly pushing everyone outside.

As they walked the trail together there was no sign of Drea. "Hey D call her real quick again." As D called everyone started to hear her ringtone in the background.

"That's Drea's phone!" Robert said while he searched to find where the sound was coming from.

"Voicemail again" D shouted.

"Call it again; she has to be here somewhere..." Dawn said.

"S***" Robert yelled.

"What?!?!" everyone came running to where Robert was.

"Her phone. It's just lying here on the floor" Robert said while picking it up.

"Maybe she dropped it" Mike quickly suggested, "Or maybe..."

**Vote, Fan and Comment please guys! :D*