Invitation

January 1544

Months had passed since the king set off to war leaving his wife and five children behind. One day Elizabeth was doing as always she was told when she spotted the danish ambassador from out the window. " My lady stepmother! His Excellency the Danish Ambassador is here!" She called out.

" Get out of sight wretched brat!" Jane ordered, slapping Elizabeth. Elizabeth curtsied and left the room. Prince Edward unknown to Elizabeth and Jane, saw Jane hurt Elizabeth.

" Your Excellency, What can we do for you?" Jane asked in her fake sweet tone everyone buys.

" Your Majesty, my master and mistress are sending their Royal highnesses, *Princess Anne and *Prince Fredrick to England and they shall arrive in a few days time." The ambassador said. The Queen immediately ordered her ladies to pack her things and Lady Mary's things so they can head back to court. Elizabeth and her 2 half siblings were too young so they had to stay at Hatfield. Prince Arthur was to be taken to court as well.

The Queen knew she must pretend to be nice to her stepson Prince Arthur. After all it was his betrothed coming to England. As Elizabeth watched the carriage leave Hatfield later that day she couldn't help but wonder when her father was coming home. Little did Jane Seymour and Lady Mary Tudor know was Elizabeth was eavesdropping.

*Fredricksborg Castle,Denmark

His Royal Highness, Prince Fredrick of Denmark knew he was a lot of things. Smart, athletic, selfless. One thing he was not however was a ladies man. His parents couldn't seem to figure out why he has turned away all the prospective brides in Europe.

" Freddie, Mother and Father want to speak with you." His sister Anne giggled. She liked it when he got in trouble.

He sighed. Must his parents butt into his personal life? He thought as he arrived before his parents. " Mother, Father, you wanted to see me." It wasn't a question, he already knew the answer. His father King Christian was not a man to argue with and his mother Queen Dorothea was a sideline kind of person who liked watching things instead of interfering. Which is why she never argued with her husband over his decisions no matter how questionable they are.

" Fredrick, as you know you will be going to England with your sister tomorrow. There you shall find a bride, noble or royal, I do not care as long as you have a betrothed!" King Christian boomed. Fredrick knew there was no arguing so he just simply replied with a " Yes, Your Majesty." while rolling his eyes where his father couldn't see him do it.

To be continued.....

* Princess Anne of Denmark was the daughter of Fredrick II of Denmark born in 1574 but for the story she is Fredrick's sister and she was born in 1540 in this story.

* Fredrick II of Denmark was king of Denmark till his death in 1588. He was born historically in 1534 and remains so in this story.

* King Christian of Denmark and His Wife Queen Dorothea were the parents of Fredrick II.

* Fredrickborg Castle was actually built in the mid 1500's but in this was built in 1534 in honor of Prince Fredrick.