Princess to Pauper?

April 1543

At last it was time for the King to depart for war. His wife, daughters and sons were at the dock. " Arthur, Edward, be good boys for your sisters and the Queen. Mary, take care of your brothers and sisters. My Queen, look after our kingdom and the children." The king said.

" Must you go Papa?" Elizabeth asked softly.

He sighed. " Unfortunately, I must go my precious Jewel but don't worry, I shall return in due time." He told his favorite daughter. " Here, She would have wanted you to have this." Henry put a necklace on Elizabeth. Not just any necklace but her mother's necklace, the first one Henry ever gave her. As soon as Henry and his ship were out of sight, Queen Jane dropped her sweet act.
" Come Elizabeth!" She shouted harshly.

" Yes, My Lady Stepmother." Elizabeth replied.

A few weeks later......

It had been a few weeks since the departure of the King and in that time things changed rapidly. Prince Arthur was sent back to Ludlow, Wales while Elizabeth, Edward and Margaret were sent back to Hatfield. The Queen and Lady Mary joined them for safety.  The biggest change however was the Queen dismissed Elizabeth's household for as long as Jane wants them to be and forced the princess to become a servant in her own household. The Queen told her this was a good thing to distract her from worrying about her father the king.

" Elizabeth!" Mary cried. " Where are you, wretched brat?!"

" Coming Mary!"

" Elizabeth, do the laundry!" Jane shouted.

" And help me dress!" Margaret yelled childishly which is ironic because she's two freaking years old.

There was one however that worried about the Servant Princess. Prince Edward adored his sister and was very distressed at the treatment she was being given.  Every morning Elizabeth had to get up early and serve breakfast, do the morning chores, clears up breakfast dishes, served lunch, do afternoon chores, served dinner and evening chores before finally being able to go to bed. The only thing giving Elizabeth hope was her mother's necklace.

" Mama, I wish you were here." She whispered one night, a tear falling down her cheek.

You used to call me your angel
Said I was sent straight down from Heaven
You'd hold me close in your arms
I loved the way you felt so strong
I never wanted you to leave
I wanted you to stay here holding me

I miss you
I miss your smile
And I still shed a tear
Every once in a while
Even though it's different now
You're still here somehow
My heart won't let you go
I need you to know

I miss you

( I'm skipping most the song sorry)

I know you're in a better place, yeah
I wish that I could see your face, oh
I know you're where you need to be
Even though it's not here with me

I miss you
I miss your smile
And I still shed a tear
Every once in a while
Even though it's different now
You're still here somehow
My heart won't let you go
I need you to know

I miss you

( NOTE: I DO NOT OWN I MISS YOU BY MILEY CYRUS! I JUST THOUGHT IT SUITED THE  SCENE!)

Little did Princess Elizabeth know, soon her nightmare would be over, for far away in a place you can't get to till you die, was a women watching with great sadness at the suffering of her precious daughter. The other woman was disappointed in her daughter. Even if this other woman did not believe Elizabeth legitimate, she still did not condone the behavior against the girl.

To be continued.....