Eyes

'Have you ever felt like you were being watched? Like a cold pair of eyes are starring you down, making a shiver go down your spine.'

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

'Ara,' I heard Destiny say as she nudged me in the side, 'quit starring at Tom.' I blushed deeply noticing that I've been starring at Tom the whole time I was day-dreaming. He smiled slightly at me, continuing his lunch. 

'Crap.' I said, looking down at my tray 'He saw me.' I moved my spaghetti around on my plate with my fork, all of this school lunch crap is making me want to just never eat. But I do anyway.  The bell rings and I hurry up with my tray to throw away the rest of my remaining food. My tray falls to the floor as I bump into one of the jocks in school.

'Get out of the way emo freak,' I hear them say. My eyes turn a firey red as they walk away. 'It's okay Ara.' A voice says from in front of me. I raise my head to see Thomas. 

'U-uh...heh, I have to get someone to clean this up....heh..' I stutter as I start to walk away, but am stopped by his warm hand. 

'Will you go to prom with me?' he asks as I turn around. 

'...I'm sure there're much better girls in this school than me. I'm not much of a dance person. Sorry.' I say, making it too obvious that I do want to go.

'Get a pretty dress for the prom, make it red. Then we'll match. You can come if you really want to.' A smile crept along his face as he turned to walk to his next class.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

'Open your books to page 195'  

Everyone opened there books, flipping through the pages.

'Ara, I know you can hear me.'

My head shot up, I looked around the room and at the people sitting next to me. Then I saw Thomas. He was starring at me smiling. I could feel my face get warmer as it turned red. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

'You're going to prom!?' Destiny exclaimed as she jumped around happily. 

'Calm down, I don't even know if I'll go or not okay?' I replied, which made her frown. 

'But you guys are like an adorable couple. I really think you two should date. It'd be so cute!' Midnight said, clapping her hands. I rolled my eyes and went back to drawing my picture. 'What'cha drawing?" Destiny said, getting closer to me, 'Aw is it you two~? I know it is!' I shook my head. 

'Not even close, Destiny,' I lied, erasing mine and Thomas' name from the corner. 

'What color is he wearing?' Midnight asked, flipping through a magazine. 

'Red,' I replied, looking at the title of the magazine. 'You're seriously finding me a dress?'

'Yes because you're going!' Midnight snapped. I put away my drawing and sighed.

'Fine. But I'm leaving whenever I want to.' I said, crossing my arms. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I slipped on my prom dress, which was a short red dress lined with black lace, and slipped on my heels. I hate dances. And I hate it more that I'm being forced to go. My heels clicked on the concrete as I walked out to my car and got in. 

After I picked up everyone I drove us to the school, and parked in the student parking lot. 

'Do I have to go?' I asked, hugging myself because I forgot to bring a jacket. 

'Yes.' Midnight and Destiny said. They pulled me in the school and I was overwelmed by the warm air.

'Come on guys, I'm not a dancer.' I argued. 

'You came,' I heard a deep voice say from behind me. I turned slowly to see Thomas. He smiled at me, which made me smile. I took his hand as he offered it and he led me to the dancefloor.

'I-I'm not really a good dancer,' I yelled over the loud music. He just smiled and put my arms around his neck. We danced for awhile, and I couldn't take my eyes off of him. 

The song ended soon and I followed him to the top of the bleachers. He sat down and looked at me, waiting for me to sit down next to him, which I did. Then he kissed me.