TWELVE

CHAPTER TWELVE - BARREN AND BRUISED.
(11/05/2021)

All senses had finally came to light, her fingers slowly moved as she heard mumbled voices near her bed, a cup of tea clinking. She fluttered her eyes opened and she managed to strain them in the process of the room being illuminated with daylight.

She groaned as heavy indescribable pain hit her like a bombshell in her lower abdomen. Not only her lower abdomen, it was catching her everywhere, she couldn't tell where the source was, only that her stomach hurt.

She managed to turn her head to the side and see the family members that she counted on the most. Thomas was standing near the window of the private room that she didn't recognise, staring at her intensity, almost dreading as she awoke from her slumber.

They knew, they all knew. They knew what had happened.

She noticed his sunken eyes, as though he hadn't slept in days. She knew he hadn't slept in days, he was probably kept busy with work, she thought as she looked at his clothes. He wasn't in his normal daily clothes; just a white unbuttoned shirt and trousers. His hands were in his pockets, they quickly moved out as he walked over to her bed and sat down beside her. He gave her a slight smile but it never reached his eyes, it wasn't a true smile of happiness.

She felt groggy.

She noticed that Pol was in the room as he looked back at her and she slowly touched her hand and quickly left the room. At this movement, Pax furrowed her brows at discontentment and confusion.

Her attention was put back onto Tommy.

"We weren't sure when you would wake back up again. I've missed you." He whispered in a hoarse, soft voice.

"Why am I in a hospital, Tom?" She asked.

His eyes widened, not expecting her to notice that quickly. He had tried to come up with the right words for a few days but nothing came to mind. He couldn't think of what to tell her, he had refused for a nurse or doctor to tell her. He had warned them that he would cut them if they did.

"I want you to listen to me very carefully okay, I don't want you to panic or strain yourself, can you do that for me, ae?" He asked, ever so gentle with her emotions. She nodded, still wary of this situation.

"When me and Pol found you, the doc said you had an infection. I didn't want to lose you, I couldn't lose you. There was a doctor, visiting from London. Said he was part taking in a medical study at the time. He was at the right place and the right time." He softly said, panic crossed her face as she realised what had happened. She had realised that's why her abdomen was in so much pain, that's why she was in hospital. She slowly moved her hand away from Tommy's and she stared at him in silence, trying her hardest to look at him. She couldn't understand, she didn't understand.

"Please don't tell me what I think you're telling me. Please Tom." She violently sobbed, he quickly held her face and told her it wasn't her fault, "these things happen, it wasn't meant to me."

"They had to save your life. They had to, there was nothing else that they could do. They had to take it all out. I couldn't lose you."

"This is my fault, this is my fault. They removed my womb. Oh god." She panicked.

He shook his head in disagreement, "this isn't your fault.

"My life is cursed, Tom."

A|N OKAY SO DON'T HATE ME.