December 2, 2014

Countless of dream episodes with a dash of sexually arousing content later, Ginny finally got in the boat back to reality. She opened her eyes to a disturbing bright light.

"Damn you, sun." she croaked. Her mouth tasted bitter and a bit tangy too. Her throat was dry which probably made her croak instead of grumble.

Reaching out for the curtains, she drew them closed and then jumped back to bed.

Great. Now she can't get back to sleep. Stupid sun. She thought as she drew the curtains back and peeked at the busy street outside. Her head was banging like some monkey was hitting it in between two brass cymbals. She reached for a glass of cold tap which she gulped in until she felt the cold liquid trace down her insides.

Why the awful headache? she thought to herself. She tried recalling everything she ate last night. Potato chips, Chinese take out, a heart shaped box of chocolates she bought for herself, three and a half glazed donuts of sugary goodness, and lots and lots of vanilla ice cream.

"Must be the sugar." she mumbled to herself.

Taking a good look in the bathroom mirror, she stretched open her eyes with her thumb and index finger as she checked their color. She also checked her temperature and made sure to take a tablet of paracetamol before taking a nice warm shower.

"I'm never eating that much sweets ever again." She moaned as the theoretical monkey on her head kept on banging. She might as well hit her head on the tiled bathroom wall and join the imaginary primate.

Ginny dressed in her usual pitiful clothing of grey sweatpants and a uni hoodie. A red light was blinking by the phone which meant that there is a pending voice mail. She pressed a button and listened to the caller while making herself a cup of joe.

"Hey, sweetie! It's mom. Just calling to say hi and all. Your dad wants to know if you wanna spend Christmas break with us this year? He's been dying to see you, Ginny. He is your father. Call me back when you get this." Mrs. Goodwin's mellow and happy voice turned into a strict do-as-I-say-or-you're-grounded tone by the end of the message. Ginny groaned at her mother's demands.

"He's not my dad." She retorted, confronting the fridge instead of her own mother.

She took a slice of cold pizza and microwaved it for breakfast.

Another message played, this time it was Dr. Collins' secretary. "Good morning, Ms. Goodwin. Dr. Collins would like you to report to her in her office tomorrow. 8am sharp. Good day!" and the dial tone went flat signaling that the secretary hang up.

As if her mother's demands aren't bad enough. Now she has to report back on campus to face the terror of Dr. Collins. She's probably going to discuss her failing grades with her again.

"Not my fault if that motha effin terrorizer gave tests out of coverage!" she angrily said as she took a huge bite out of her hot pizza. Karma really is a huge bitch. Ginny spat the pizza and ran cold tap water on her burnt tongue.

Another message played. Thank God it was from someone at least close to her heart.

"Hey, biatch! We're going shopping! Be ready by 10. I'll pick you up for brunch! Bye!" Stacy said in her usual happy-go-lucky tone.

Ginny checked the wall clock above the sink. 9:39am. Less than half an hour to kill herself and let them move on with their lives!

She gave up eating the pizza as it made her even angrier now that it burned her wee tongue. Instead, she started making her bed and fluffing up the pillows. A glint of the sun on her side table caught her eye. She walked towards it on the opposite side of the bed and saw a crystal ball.