22- Goodbye

"Shh! Look! I think she's waking up." A females voice. 

"No, no, this is taking forever! Somebody just do something already!" A very familiar's males. 

Just when my dark haze begins to disappear and I'm about to open my exhausted eyes, 500 volts of electricity surges through my veins. My body thrashing as if it's been stung by a million tasers all at the same time. The hair on my body stands up at the ends and begins to smoke- only then, somebody says "That's enough!" 

My eyes bulge open and my head surges upward so quickly I get disoriented. The feeling of some major wicked  Déjà vu creeps over me from the last time I was in the camp infirmary... 

Wait... 

Infirmary? Camp?

My eyes dash around the room, quickly observing the situation. I'm laying in the Camp Half-Blood infirmary, how I got here, no idea. The burns on my body are almost completely gone, but the pain is still there. The ongoing flood of blood on my hands have finally stopped spewing, hopefully for good. 

The seven are all staring at me, as if either anticipating for me to barf up an explosive bomb, or start crying. Most still look angry. I don't blame them.

I'd have to guess it was Jason who electrocuted me almost to my death, and it wouldn't surprise me he was happy to do it. 

Nobody says anything, they just stare, which is starting to make me feel uncomfortable. Awkwardly, I clear my dry throat, and ask, "Can you get me some water?" 

"No." Responds Annabeth, making me cringe. She stands fiercely next to Percy with her arms crossed, her face as hard as stone.

"Okay," I whisper to myself, trying to build up more courage to try to speak again, and that's when I notice the destruction outside the window. 

It's a catastrophe. Cabins are down, wood is scattered everywhere, dirt is piled in random piles feet high, giant boulders have burrowed themselves in the grass, all while campers in purple and orange shirts try to make usage of the mayhem by working together to rebuild their home.

"Wh-what happened?" I ask desperately, my eyes landing on Leo's face. I don't remember anything after I charged Khione...

Then all at once, they begin to speak- then stop when they realize nobody can make sense of what they are saying. Despite my pleading eyes for Leo to say something, or even look at me, Piper is the one who takes charge.

" The elevator you lead us to brought us straight to Camp Half-Blood. I'm not sure what it was, maybe the Romans and Greeks working together to try to escape that uh- cavern, healed the gods of there little personality disorder.." 

Frank takes over, "We weren't here long before Gaea awoke. Seems as if all our blood," He gestures to the seven, "woke her up when we were fighting the monsters."

"Y-you defeated Gaea?"

"Yeah, is that a problem?" Percy asks. 

"No!" I say, "I told you guys, I'm on your side." 

"Well there is no side anymore," Hazel says. "The war is over." 

I nod slowly. "What happened next?"

Annabeth sits on the side of my bed, I'm a little startled by the movement and jump. "You showed up unconscious. I voted to leave you there, but I was outvoted," Though the words aren't harsh, they are smooth and soft.

"We know you went up against your mother for us," Hazel says. "I just want to say thank you for that. Yes, you did all those terrible things, but to me, you made up for it," When I begin to smile, Hazel quickly adds, "that doesn't mean we trust you again... Or want to befriend you right now...  Maybe one day, just not yet."