2-The Hurtful Dream

A cool breeze whirls my hair in all different directions as I wait on a bench for my bus to arrive.

It all happened so fast. Immediately after my mother told me the plan, she sent me to my basement to pack my bags.

"Since you are fifteen, and gods are suppose to claim and send their kids to camp half blood at 13, you will be acting as if you are a runaway. Running away, not trusting anyone who comes in your way. We are transporting you to New York City. You will then take a bus to Long Island. From there,  Gaea is going to send one of her monsters after you. Do not fear my child, for another demigod will be near."

"Are you sure the monster won't hurt me?" I asks.

Khione ignored my question completely, "And remember, do not use your powers. It's a dead giveaway. Use all your willpower to control them. Do not fail me, child of mine."

"I would never mother."

The goddess narrows her eyes at me, her eyes turning as black as coal. "You better not... Or Gaea will have a horrid fate ahead of us both..."

The bus finally pulls up, I get on and walk towards the back. Eyes follow me as I walk down the aisle. These people do not luck friendly. Maybe it is how I'm dressed? I had changed into a ratty old pair of jeans (to make it look like I have been on the street), and I have on a black hoodie that is pulled over my head, hiding my face. A pink backpack hangs over my shoulders.

"Damn hooligan," A hear a woman muffle from the first seat.

I sigh and make my way to the very back of the bus and sit in the last seat. I put in my heads phones and lean my head against the window, watching the black of the night blur past me...

~
I was walking on the edge of a very tall skyscraper. It looked like the Empire State Building, but I couldn't be sure. I didn't know what I was doing here and I was scared I might fall but something powerful was keeping me balanced.

Suddenly light filled the dangerous cloudy skies and shortly after that, the sound of thunder made my heart beat rapidly. I began to feel terrified. I assured myself it was a dream, and nothing can happen during a dream, right? A cool breeze moved my long hair in my pale face and sends a shiver down my spine.

Out of nowhere I could hear someone screaming, asking me why. They were screaming on the top of their lungs, they sounded hurt.  The scream seemed like it was coming from all around, I called for them but they never stopped screaming. I started to hyperventilate and a strong gust of wind blew me off balance with full force, causing me to fall off the edge. I fell.  But before I could fall completely off I grabbed on to the ledge. I was just about to pull myself up when a lady with sleepy eyes bent down before me. Her face and body are a blur. She suddenly grew claws, raised them high in the air and came down, slitting my wrist, causing me to let go. I screamed in agony as I fell. I kept on falling, it was endless. I knew I was going to die.  The full force of air hitting me was suffocation me. And just when I was about to hit the ground...

~

I woke up with a start. Sweat was drenching down my face and my heart was beating like crazy. A dark skinned man was leaning over me, his face inches from mine, eyes full of concern.

"Ma'am? You okay?" Her asks as he takes a step away from me and scratches his whitish grey beard.

I rise quickly, "What stop is this?"

"First stop after the Manhattan Bridge," The old man answers. I notice his nametag, it reads: Chuck.

"Oh great! Can you tell me how to get to the Empire State Building?"