Chapter Nine

~Sophie~

I was a bit tired for the rest of the day. I had to let a bit of my power seep through so I could chack the identity of those two boys. The bit of personality that a saw in them didn't seem very murderer-like. So the real murderer was still out there somewhere.

"Hey, Sophie!" A voice called from across the room. I spun around to see Lukey and his friend standing there. "Can you come over here for a second?"

I sighed. What could they posibly want?

"Hey, You've met Vinny before, right?" Lukey asked.

"Of course," I said, fake smiling.

"We'll me and him are kinda best friends now, So i just thought I'd let you know that he's 100% friendly and they'res no reason not to trust him!"

"Got it," I nodded. "Any friend of yours is a friend of mine."

Me and Lukey were already pretty good friends, so decided to forgive him for that argument a few nights ago. We kinda need to be on eachothers side. For one, Lukey has no other friends, and two, we're supposed to be working together here, and if Elaina won't work with me, the only other person I've got is Lukey.

So I decided to trust his little friend. After all, he was friendly.

"There! Now you can't be scared of her!" Lukey smiled, patting Vinny on the back.

"He was scared of me?" I laughed.

"Yeah, you kinda creeped him out a bit," Lukey replied. "But you're cool now, right, Vinny?"

"Sure," Vinny smiled. 

"And I'm sure we can protect you from this evil murderer!" Lukey cheered.

"Sure," I agreed. 

"Perfect! We're all best friends now!" Lukey smiled. 

I had to admit, talking to vinny and his friends kinda make me realize how stubborn I might have been these past few nights. I wasn't really like me at all. Maybe I should losen up a bit.

But seriously, someone had to make Elaina shut up.

"Hey," Lukey suddenly spoke. "Why don't we all go play a game or something? You know, Just to get our mind off of everything for a bit? People left some on the table!"

I looked at the clock. It was 12:27 p.m, and I had nothing better to do, so I figured why not?

"That sounds nice," Vinny admited. "Do you guys like Uno?"

"It's been a while since i've played it," Lukey smiled. "Do you want to, Sophie?"

"I don't see why not," I srugged. "Elaina could manage by herself for a bit."

That was a lie, but even considering how stupid Elaina was, A good murderer wouldn't dare kill in public, especialy since most of them overestimate Elaina's strength.

I followed Lukey and Vinny over to the table where the board games were laying unattended. The chairs were all messed up and some were even on their side, probably still from the party. I felt kinda bad seeing the Apartment trashed like this. We had to catch this murderer quickly.

We sat down and began playing. Some of the people in the living room noticed, and decided to play some of the other board games. It was nice to see these people have some fun for once. 

"Hey, Vinny? Sophie?" Lukey smiled midgame. "Why don't you guys extange secrets? you guys are best friends now." 

I hesitated. Vinny and I both had unsure looks on our faces. 

"Dont worry, Vinny. She' s not homophobic," Lukey whispered. "And Sophie, Vinny's a great secret keeper!" 

I always tend to hesitate when it comes to trusting people I just met, But I was in a good mood today, for some reason, plus he was probably going to find out sooner or later.

"Promise not to tell anyone this?" I asked

"Only if you promise not to tell anyone this," Vinny stuttered.

"We have a deal," I nodded. "You go first."

Vinny looked suprised, but went along with it. "I'm bisexual," He said in a quiet voice. "I hope you don't mind."

"Oh, not at all," I srugged. "Fine by me. Right, Lukey?"

"Of course!" Lukey nodded.

"I'm guessing he already knows about your sexuality, too?" I asked.

"Yeah, Thats how i found out he was bi," He explained. 

"I figured that," I replied. 

"Right, so, your turn!" Vinny smiled nervously.

Lets see, how the heck do I explain this?

"Uh, well-"  I was cut off.

"She has this super cool power thing that she uses to reveal the real personality of a person, just by looking at them!" Lukey whispered.

"I wouldn't call it a power, bet yeah, that's basicaly it." I sighed.

"Oh!" Vinny realized. "So thats what you were doing when you were staring into my soul!"

"Yeah, only then it wasn't at maximum energy," I explained. "I use it to help Elaina figure out who the murderer here is."

"Oh, cool!" Vinny admited.

"So, we still playing UNO?" Lukey asked. 

"Of course," I smiled. "It's kinda nice being off duty for a bit."

We continued playing a few rounds. We laughed and talked. It was quite nice actualy. 

Vinny started acting funny a few minutes in. I had the urge to ask him what was wrong. I wondered if Lukey had noticed yet. 

Vinny kept dosing off and staring into space like he was staring at something schocking. He started being oddly hesitant.

"Hey Vinny, You good?" Lukey asked for me.

"I was just about to ask the same thing," I muttered.

"I- I'm scared," Vinny admited. "What if something bad were to happen to me? Or worse, one of you guys? or Austin or Kees? someone already killed Jojo? who's to say it won't happen to you guys?" Vinny looked away.

I kinda felt a pang of symathy for the guy. He was so caring for us, even though we barely knew eachother. Those are the kind of things you notice in a good person.

"Oh, Vinny," Lukey sighed, giving Vinny a big hug. "I would never let anything like that happen to either of you! I'll keep you safe even if no one else will."

Gosh, Lukey was such an emotional person. 

"You guys have my back too," I sighed. "It's the least I can do for you.

Vinny looked back and met Lukey's eyes. "Promise?" He stuttered

"Promise," Lukey smiled, gazing into Vinny's eyes.