Chapter Six

~Sophie~

I woke up early the next morning. My clothes were wrinkled and my hair was a mess. If i had known we would be staying in a stupid apartment because of some stupid murderer, I would have dressed more appropriately. Now i'm stuck in a dumb crop top.

It was at least eight a.m. I wish I had slept longer, but I couldn't keep my guards down. Not with a psychopath on the lose. Someone else could have died already.

Me and Elaina were the only ones awake so far. Now we had to wake up the rest of the idiots.

"Good morning, Sophie!" Elaina said, smiling at me.

"Does this seem like a 'good' morning to you?" I rolled my eyes.

"No 'Hi, how are you?' You could have at least said something nice to me!" Eliana frowned.

I turned around and stared at her. This idiot has some nerve. "Do you not remember how you talked to me last night?"

Elaina opened her mouth, then hesitated. "You're right, I'm sorry. Forgive me?"

"Sure. We're not going to catch this murderer if we keep arguing like that." I suddenly realized. "But it really isn't a good morning."

Elaina nodded in agreement. "So, did you figure out anything?" 

"That Angry guy you were fighting with last night is innocent," I told her. "He just has a temper."

"Cool." Elaina said as she walked into the kitchen. "I'm going to find something to feed these guys. Could you go wake up Lukey for me?"

I sighed and walked into the living room. People were sleeping on both couches, five people on each. the ones who couldn't fit slept on the floor. I was one of those people.

I found Lukey on the floor right against the wall. He was curled up in an adorable ball. Though Lukey was cute sometimes, he wasn't really my type. Plus, he was gay.

"Lukey, time to get up," I grumbled, slightly shaking him awake.

Lukey rolled over and slightky opened his eyes. "That time already?"

"Unfortunately yes," I complained. 

Lukey clumsily sat up and began to strech. "You could probably go back to sleep. you're not needed at the moment."

"No one else knows that, they think I'm another investegator or something." I reminded him.

"Oh, right." Lukey sighed.

Lukey and Elaina were the only people who knew the real reason I was here. I didn't really work for the police, I was more of a tool they used. I still got paid though, so I can't complain.

I can see things that others can't see. I can see the true character behind a person. So they basicly use me to help identify criminals or thiefs or MURDERERS.

So I basicaly do Elaina's whole job for her. Which really ticks me off, she was pretty bad at it by herself anyway. They say if I stopped working for they police crime rate would increace. In other words, I can't leave even if I wanted to.

The only downside to my abiltiy is it's not only avalible. If i use it once, I have to wait a certain amount of time before I can use it again. If I use it when I'm super tired or out of energy, that puts my health at risk. Even using it late that night was kinda risky. I guess that's why Lukey suggested I rest. 

Elaina said I should limit my ability to one usage every night, when everyone's asleep. It wasn't a terrible idea, But it was really annoying that she had to tell me how to use my ability.

"So," Lukey said, turning in my direction. "Did you find out anything last night?"

"Of course I did," I replied. "That dude in the jacket who was super mad last night actualy has nothing to do with this at all."

"Wow," Lukey smiled.

"Impressed? It's not like you haven't seen me do it before." I sighed.

"No," Lukey said with a glare. "I'm just wondering how bad you two are at this! You don't even know his name yet!" 

"Oh shut up, Idiot!" Elaina yelled from the kitchen. "I'd like to see you try and do this job!"

"Have you figured out the names of anyone here yet?" I asked him challangingly.

"No, cause that's not my job," Lukey reminded me. 

"Well did you save anyone from death yet?" Elaina spat.

Lukey opened his mouth to argue, then the look in his eyes changed from anger to concern. "The murderer!" Lukey yelled! "Some one could have died!" 

"Exactly," Elaina sighed. She looked tough, but you could see the slight hint of fear in her eyes. "Who did you protect?"

"This cute guy," Lukey said, smiling at the floor.

"Do you know his name?" I spat at him with an unplesant tone.

"I do, In fact," Lukey smiled. "His name is Vinny."

"Guys stop," Elaina raised her voice. "Arguing won't get us anywhere. Go scan the apartment for any bodies or stuff that might actually be useful."

I growled, then walked away from Lukey to go look around. In a bedroom three were four boys sleeping. probably friends of the guy who lived here. The other room was very dark and dusty. All that was in there was only a chair, a light, and a bunch of limbs on the floor.

I hestitated for a long moment, staring at the body. It was a girl with long brown hair and red headphones and clothes. and Inoccent girl, brutaly murdered. two questions ran through my mind: who and why.

"H-hey Elaina?" I stuttered. "You might want to come check this out."

"Is something wrong?" she asked.

"Ovboisly, stupid!" I yelled. 

Lukey ran up to my side, and Elaina came not to long after. We stared at the body in shock. 

"Well they didn't have to be so extra about it," Lukey huffed. "Who the heck would be so extra about murder? Wasn't killing her enough?"

"Do you ever stop talking?" Elaina said, shoving Lukey.

"Do you ever stop being so rude?" Lukey spat back. 

Elaina looked like she was about to cuss out Lukey right there before she was inturrpted by a voice.

"Everything ok here?"

We all turned to see a tall guy with dirty blonde hair and glasses standing behind us. He wore a stripped shirt and ripped jeans.

"Oh, Hey, Vinny!" Lukey said with a smile. 

Elaina glared at Lukey. "This is the idiot you sa-"

"Hush, both of you." I said, pushing them aside. "Hello there, sir," I said to Vinny. "Come into the Kitchen, we'll get some breakfast going.

"Oh, uh, ok!" Vinny stuttered. 

Oh god. How much did he hear?