Chapter Four

~Vinny~

As if this night could get any worse.

Police were at the door of Austin's apartment, banging furiously at the wood and shouting.

"Please, calm down, everyone!" Austin said loudly for everyone to hear. "I'll go talk to them. I'll tell you if anything needs to happen."

A child ran down my spine. Who had done something stupid this time? And what had they done?

My legs grew wobbly. I decided to go with Austin to see what the Police had to say. Kees and Jojo followed close behind with concerned looks on their faces.

Austin opened the door. The woman standing there was a short african american girl with her hair in a bun. she was wearing a long grey dress with only one sleve, and underneath was a white tank top and jean shorts.

"Ha!" she laughed. "Did you enjoy my tough voice?" she asked.

Me, Jojo, amd Kees were all frozen in place, tired and confused.

"Uh, yeah!" Austin played along. "Is it April fools day already?"

"No, It's the middle of September," The girl replied.

"Oh, yeah, right." Austin did a fake chuckle. "Then, what are you doing here?"

"I'm the police," She rolled her eyes. "Duh."

Austin twiched. there was an akward pause. Cold winds blew into the apartment.

"Do I need to prove it to you?" She spat. She reached into her pocket and pulled out a badge. The words on it read:

Eliana Charliton: Certified Police investegator, With a picture of the same small girl on the side.

"I don't do the fighting crime and shooting and stuff," Elaina said as she stared at us. "But I do make investegations and observations to find criminals!"

I heard Kees stuttering behind me. Jojo was whispering to him in confort.

"Well uh, what brings you here at this hour, Investegator Elaina?" Austin asked

Elaina smiled "I've recived a report about a call saying someone here is a Murderer!"

Kees screamed, and ran inside crying. Jojo frowned, and followed him inside. 

Austin was probably going insane. "And, you're happy about this?"

"Of course!" Elaina replied calmly. "This is how I get paid!" 

"What are you gonna do about it? you look like you're Twelve!" Austin snapped rudely.

"I'm twenty, so shut up! I could kick your butt right here right now if I wanted to! And you're making me want to!" Elaina yelled. There was a moment of intese staring between the two of them, and I was deciding if to get involved or not. Finaly, Elaina eased down, and moved her face really close to Austin's.

"No more questions. This is serious. People could die." Elaina snarled. 

Austin tried to keep a tough face on, but you could tell he felt slightly threatened by this girl. 

"Anywho," Elaina said as she stepped backward and pulled a notebook out of her pocket. "It says here that i'm supposed to quarantine all guest into this house untill the murderer's identity is revealed. I'l be staying here with you untill then." 

Austin turned at glared at me with concern, then turned back to Elaina.

"Houseguest will vote each morning after breakfast on who they think the murderer is. Then i decide if they're guilty or not, and the accused person is removed from the house, murderer or not. When the murderer is found, only then when anyone be allowed to leave, including myself.

"You're crazy! Why cant you just take everyone to the police station and inspect them there?" Austin yelled.

"Police business," Elaina srugged. "But I swore I said no more questions."

Austin huffed.

"We're going to install a temporary wall over this door to make sure no one escapes. This all takes effect immediately." 

Austin was frozen in place. "I still can't belive this is happening."

"I don't make the rules," Elaina srugged. "It's for the safety of everyone here. That's what the boss told me."

I didn't know how to feel. I was furious and terrified at the same time. Who the hell does this lady think she is?

"SOPHIE!!!! Bring you and you're dumb boyfriend up here! we're going in!" Elaina suddenly called.

A voice came from the bottom of the stairs. "HE'S NOT MY BOYFRIEND, YOU IDIOT! HE'S THE FREAKING MEDIC!!!"

"Whatever," Elaina spat back. "Just hurry up and unpack, the murderer could have killed another person by now!"

Austin and I looked out the door and down the stairs to see another female, alot taller than Elaina. She had a grey long sleved crop top with a hoodie and jeans. she had a streak of purple in her long hair that reached past her waist. 

"Could you tone it down a bit?" Sophie rolled her eyes. "In case you haven't noticed, It's just about three in the morning!"

"I'm well aware,"  Elaina growled. "That's why we have to hurry up and get the heck in there!"

Sophie sighed. "C'mon, Lukey. Elaina's growing impatient."

from the police car, a voice came out and talked to sophie. "I'm coming. let me just get my kit."

"I'll be waiting upsatairs," Sophie told him as she bagan to run up the stairs. 

"W-why are they here?" Austin studdered. 

"Police business." Elaina said in a unfriendly tone.

Suddenly a boy came out of the car with his legs shaking and his hands full of what looked like medical supplies. He had black hair with brown highlights and was wearing a grey hoodie with broken overalls on it and glasses. He took a deep breath and started walking up the stairs towards us. 

"A little help here?" He shouted at Sophie and Elaina.

"You'll be fine, Elaina smiled at him. She grabbed Sophie by the hand and dragged her into the apartment, shoving past Me and Austin. Austin automatically followed them.

The boy in glasses was still struggling up the stairs, pausing and taking deep breaths at every few steps. As he approched closer, I noticed he had a tatto on his face that looked like a kiss mark. It was... kinda cute.

I went down the stairs to him. "Let me help you with some of that," I said with a smile. 

The boy looked up at me with grattitude. "Thank you so much." 

I took some of the stuff from his hands and held it in my own. I walked up the stairs and back into Austin's apartment with the medic guy following close behind me. We rested all the medical supplies down right by the door. 

The boy sighed and looked back up at me with a smile. "Thanks again," he said. 

"Oh, no problem!" I smiled back at him. "I'm here to help."

"My name's Lukey," he said, reaching out his hand for me to shake. "I'm a medic, as you've probably guessed."

"I'm Vinny," I said, shaking his hand.

there was a moment of akward staring after that. I stared at him, and he stared at me, his hand still in mine. 

There was something about Lukey that I couldn't seem to ignore. I couldn't put my finger on it, however. 

I smiled and Lukey smiled back, as if he was feeling the same way I was. I'd never felt this way about a person before. This was a totaly new feeling.

What is this?